My son might need a little help in Chico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son is going to school and playing football at Butte College. He lives in Chico and drives a white 92 FJ80. The truck is in good shape and had a pretty solid base lining done by me a few months ago. It's at around 212K with new tires and front brakes. He drove 3500 trouble free miles out to California last month from Alabama stopping to see family in MI, IA and CO. He mentioned a couple minor issues to me today...the brakes feel mushy and require more force than before? I had them done at a shop in Idaho when he was there last spring. New OEM rotors and pads, fresh fluid and a rebuilt brake booster. Thoughts? The other issue that started this week is the trucks "beeps" (his words) for 5 seconds or so when he turns it off? It seems to be running fine, just beeps inside for a few seconds after turning it off? Is there a reputable independent shop anyone can recommend in Chico or Oroville? Thanks in advance!

Thoughts? ... You want to fix it or pay to have it fixed?....Try bleeding the brakes or pay someone to do it. Mudrak in Sonoma or Georg in Stockton. Looks like you've sold everything but your sons rig. What are your intensions? Perhaps a shop manual to explain the beeps... trouble free miles are hard to come by after 20 years...

I'm going to be visiting him in a couple weeks and will look at the truck. I need to download the FSM as I hate to pay someone to fix something I can do myself! However, that can be difficult when I'm 2,500 miles away! My son is a smart kid, but has never worked on his truck other than "helping" me. I'm starting to look for my next LC...not sure if I'll buy another 100 or go with an 80???

Hancock auto in Oroville, not only is he my unckle but honest and runs a good shop, been there 35+ years, There is also a guy in Paradise who does diesel cruisers and really nice custom work.

Thanks rayjon...much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom