My sidecar for the motorcycle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, this is totally not cruiser related BUT I just wanted to share. Here are a few shots of my sidecar "hack" that I have been working on for a while. It is going on my Triumph Thruxton (hopefully by the end of this week!):bounce:

I am looking forward to being able to take my kid (six years old) out for a spin around town and whatnot. She always wants to go but I do not let her sit on the back of the bikes........soooo, the sidecar was the answer. Anyway, thanks to MUD ;) I did some line-x stuff on the inside and lower bottom half on the outside. Turned out pretty damn good I must say. The paint job is crap (what can I say, I rattle canned it and then said screw it and rolled it on!) Yes, kind of Ghetto............not that there is anything wrong with that!! :hillbilly:

So here it is, just wanted to share.

Cheers,
Chans
SSCN2031.JPG
SSCN2033.JPG
SSCN2037.JPG

Looks good from here ! You can use it as a bobsled in the Winter !!!

Love the tombstone light and turn. NIce safety feature, usually overlooked on sidecars.

Looks great!

I think your triumph is sexier than mine. Nice ride. :beer:

Love the tombstone light and turn. NIce safety feature, usually overlooked on sidecars.

Looks great!

I think your triumph is sexier than mine. Nice ride. :beer:

Yep, the lights seem to get overlooked thats forsure! Thanks for the compliment on the bike ;)..........What kind of triumph do you have anyway?

Nice!

I helped put a Celorex Sidecar on My Dad's Yamaha V-Star.

Very cool.

Dude, that is awesome, well done:cheers:... Love the thruxton too..

Yep, the lights seem to get overlooked thats forsure! Thanks for the compliment on the bike ;)..........What kind of triumph do you have anyway?

a rattle can hardtail 74 Triumph Trident.

there is an old thread on my still unfinished bike in paint and body under "$11 paint job".

I would post a pic, but yours are nicer. :)

That really is a great look.

Those Rubbermaid totes are gonna make hellacious drag, you should really try a wheel and tire.

Hodag

PS. Nice bike, Ive never owned a Trumpet, but Im looking at a Tiger. And I will take it off some sweet jumps.

PS. Nice bike, Ive never owned a Trumpet, but Im looking at a Tiger. And I will take it off some sweet jumps.

That will be something to see... :eek: I'm in awe of the guys on ADVrider and such taking these beasts seriously off road.. :beer: A few even w/sidecars (staying on topic)..

Thanks for all the compliments...........and yes, those rubbermaid totes will be converted over to a nice chrome wheel and tire! ;)

So, for the last four hours my neighbor came over and welded the frame and attatchments for me.........and the cost..........I am watching his kid (which is my kids friend) for four hours tomorrow. Sweeetttttttttt, they will be going to the hardware store with me first thing in the morning!!!! Anyway, the rig will hopefully be done by this weekend.......if all goes as planned!:hmm:

So, here are the recent shots of the sidecar and bike. The bike has all the attatchments in place and the sidecar as well. There is one issue I ran into though that is holding up the finishing up of the project..........I need to shorten the attatchments on the sidecar frame a bit.....they stick out way beyond what is acceptable and safe. So, other than that, hopefully this week I will have the kinks worked out.

Here are a few shots of the current set up.

Cheers,
Chans
SSCN2043.JPG
SSCN2046.JPG
SSCN2044.JPG

Wow! This is way too cool. I wish I can do something like this to take my kids out on a motorcycle ride, but after a scary experience on a trike, I think I'll stick with two and four wheel vehicles ;)

Triumphant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom