Builds My 40 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New wheel cylinders installed. New clutch slave cylinder installed. Brakes and clutch cylinder were just gravity bled. If nobody is interested in buying I will consider parting it out.

Drove about an hour in the brush. No idea to fix the video.

That will be a good buy for somebody, you have pushed through all the tough stuff. All that is left is easier stuff, although paint isn't cheap to do if done at a body shop.

If you really get to the point of being done with it I would entertain buying it. I’m in Oklahoma so not too far.

But I sure hope you decide to keep it and drive it as much as possible.

PM sent.

Now that don`t look good !!! :frown:
JP

I have been pulling my hair out with this engine since day one. It is the main reason I have been so frustrated with the build. I am chasing a low vacuum (14 in) issue.

Engine specs,
Bore .030
Block decked .020
Head surfaced .010
Supposed to be a Delta 250S cam.

Timing has been set at line and BB. Slightly more vac when set at BB. Valves were set at .014 hot and now are .016 hot. Intake/exhaust manifolds were resurfaced and a remflex gasket torqued to 20 ft in the sequence in the 71 FSM. All vacuum lines were plugged except to the map sensor. Still 14-14.5 in of vacuum. Well I bought a smoke machine to help find the vacuum leak. The only place was between the throttle body and the adapter plate. Now to fix that.

Last edited:
Glad to see your wading thru this I`m pulling for you to be able to take it for a victory drive soon. !! 🍺
JP

With a new engine rebuild the vacuum may increase as the rings get seated in. Might want to just give it some time.
JP

The other day with my numb fingers I dropped the TBI and broke the IAC off. Have been seriously considering ditching the fuel injection. Looked at what a carb and dist would cost so I ordered an new AC Delco IAC. Should be here next week.

One of my "friends" at work was asking me about this project. At the end of the conversation he said " with all the time and money you have spent, you could of bought a new Jeep, drove the crap out of it and sold it and been money ahead" I was thinking, rub it why don't you but he's right.

But then you wouldn't have a Land Cruiser.

Used a small amount of silicone between the adapter plate and the gasket. I had the engine on #1 compression stroke for the first smoke test. Rotated for #6 compression stroke and repeated the smoke test. Only trace of smoke was on the throttle shaft and my homemade vacuum cap. It appears to be sealed up. Now to assemble the throttle body and give it a start. Hopefully it has more than 14 in of vacuum now.

Last edited:
Used a small amount of silicone between the adapter plate and the gasket. I had the engine on #1 compression stroke for the first smoke test. Rotated for #6 compression stroke and repeated the smoke test. Only trace of smoke was on the throttle shaft and my homemade vacuum cap. It appears to be sealed up. Now to assemble the throttle body and give it a start. Hopefully it has more than 14 in of vacuum now.

View attachment 1901644

Be careful with that silicone. Unless you bought a specific gasoline compatible silicone you’re going to have issues shortly with it deteriorating or pulling into the intake.

Be careful with that silicone. Unless you bought a specific gasoline compatible silicone you’re going to have issues shortly with it deteriorating or pulling into the intake.
Dude, he's already at the edge of the abyss - don't push him off!

I despise using silicone anywhere it's close to gasoline. Just a short experiment to see if it increases vacuum enough to run fuel injection.

I despise using silicone anywhere it's close to gasoline. Just a short experiment to see if it increases vacuum enough to run fuel injection.

Glad to hear it. You never know what a simple comment might do to help someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom