My Perspective: 200 Series LX vs LC, As an Owner of Both (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. Owned both, wasn't a fan of the LX but lots of people are. Maybe I missed it, but any mention of the brakes? The ones in the LX are tuned much differently than in the LC. Hated the mushy feeling in the LX (every one I tried was the same) compared the shorter travel nature of the LC. Big reason why I switched back to the LC.

LX brakes take getting used to especially compared to the Land Cruiser brakes totally agree

how did you like your generation one raptor I think Ford screwed up getting rid of that V-8 engine and putting in that six cylinder. I completely lost interest when they did that.
Loved the truck, such a unique looking vehicle. Fun to drive, the 6.2 had gobs of power and sounded great. Gen2 looks fantastic, and has substantial upgrades, but the engine change was a major missed opportunity, they should have kept the V8. From a reliability perspective, truck was solid, only issue I had was sunroof track which is a common F150 failure.

Family has grown, and needed something that could haul everyone together more appropriately and comfortably, but still allow me to go off the beaten path. The LC can do 90% of the hauling I did with the Raptor and 100% of the trails. Worth the change.

Loved the truck, such a unique looking vehicle. Fun to drive, the 6.2 had gobs of power and sounded great. Gen2 looks fantastic, and has substantial upgrades, but the engine change was a major missed opportunity, they should have kept the V8. From a reliability perspective, truck was solid, only issue I had was sunroof track which is a common F150 failure.

Family has grown, and needed something that could haul everyone together more appropriately and comfortably, but still allow me to go off the beaten path. The LC can do 90% of the hauling I did with the Raptor and 100% of the trails. Worth the change.
I’ve always wondered why if you build something like a raptor why would you change the engine from a V-8 also why not turn it into an SUV raptor SUV would be really bad ass with a V-8

I’ve always wondered why if you build something like a raptor why would you change the engine from a V-8 also why not turn it into an SUV raptor SUV would be really bad ass with a V-8

I'm sure there will be a Bronco Raptor, but highly doubt it gets a V8.

probably for the same reason(s) why LC300 will have either V6 turbo or V6 hybrid powertrain.

I'm sure there will be a Bronco Raptor, but highly doubt it gets a V8.
With the Ram TRX supposedly coming with the Hellcat V8, Ford may have to do a special edition Raptor, we shall see

I've often wondered why the 200 forum has so much Raptor content. Trash truck. Lets stay on topic.

Agreed the Raptor is a trash truck of bolt-on replacement shocks, some wider fenders, and some flares. I'm sure the truck is nice off the dealership lot, but I'd rather pick aftermarket pieces for a build over OEM ford.

one huge advantage the LX has over the LC... Plastic engine cladding. Just kidding.

do you prefer the lx with 20's vs the LC on 18's? wonder how the lx would feel on 18's...

one huge advantage the LX has over the LC... Plastic engine cladding. Just kidding.

do you prefer the lx with 20's vs the LC on 18's? wonder how the lx would feel on 18's...

Are you kidding?! Every Mudders on this board will prefer 18’s.

Secretly, i actually love the look of 21“ rims on 2016+ LX570...it just goes with the look IMHO.

I agree, they look nice .... but don’t ride nice. And too few tire choices when it comes to replacing the Grandtrek PT3A’s that don’t last very long and that cost more than I’d want to spend on them.

And as I posted earlier, I have a set of 5 LC take-offs that are destined for my LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom