1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My password changed w/new server?

Discussion in 'Announcements - Help - Testing' started by IdahoDoug, Feb 10, 2004.

1. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Tried to update my profile, and discovered my password has changed. The line with the question to help me remember the password no longer has the question, but has something like "english" or somethingorother in it. Is this a temporary symptom of the migration?

Thanks in advance!

DougM (IdahoDoug)

2. Safado

Safado

I haven't seen that one, how do you login to see everthing right now? Are you using the same password, or is it all cached? Try logging off and then back in. If you can see everyones avatars and post count, you're logged in.

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=black,2,2]Doug ,

Not sure if I can help ... actually I am sure I cannot . But I did do some digging and it would seem that English.Ing is just a YaBB folder filled with text files for various messages that the forum software will spit out at some time ... for instance things like :

• $txt{'213'} = "Passwords aren't the same!";
    • $txt{'214'} = "Recent Posts";
    • $txt{'215'} = "browser not compatible with these buttons";
    • $txt{'216'} = "Edit Your Forum Template";
    • $txt{'222'} = "Forum Preferences and Settings";
    • $txt{'223'} = "Sorry, you must register before using this feature!";

It also containt all the strings that may be required during normal operation , or maintanence mode as well . Kinda like scribbling all the words and catch phrases you might use in a day , in a book , and then just pointing them out in sequence when the time comes ...

As for your passwd changing , that is a new one . And you are certain it has ? So what are you doing ? Trying to 'edit your profile' and then entering the passwd on the last line for the edit to go thru ? And it won't ? Hmmm

Just make sure you haven't got caps lock on or something of the sort , and post a 'lil more detail . Probably Woodies domain in terms of finding a fix , and I know you're a smart cookie .. but perhaps someone here can find a fix .

Oh , btw .. the mere fact that you are posting here means that you are logged in ! with the correct passwd . Guests cannot post ... unless they're me .. hehe . [/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    I think a couple things got scrambled when the forum data migrated to the new location....avatars are one, birthdates are another, and apparrently the "secret word" is another. I've kept track of a few and will be cleaning those up in the database directly in the next few days.