My OME lift kit install [pics] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to depress the spring enough to bolt them to the axle and align it with the shackles and pins. Did anyone else have this issue with mounting them? My old ones were so clapped out they look longer than my new ones since the arch is gone in them.

Are you using the isolators with the heavys? Since you’re in Ojai I could pop by and lend a hand if needed.

Are you using the isolators with the heavys? Since you’re in Ojai I could pop by and lend a hand if needed.
Thanks for the offer! I’m actually up in San Luis Obispo right now till May, been doing an Automotive program up here. The isolators are those rubber spacers with the metal bracket correct? They sandwich between the leaf and axle?

C4CECCE1-41D5-4E4B-BED1-A5294691C5DA.jpeg

62E1C377-154B-4A87-A31C-13E0BCFE08E2.jpeg

@Ojaicruiser - Cool photos! To think that I did this on my garage floor. Sheesh!

Yup, those are the isolators. The hardest part of installing OME's is getting the springs and axle aligned with each other. A common trick is to use ratchet straps to pull them together close enough so you can get the ubolts and spring plate started.

I originally put in HFS lift kit but with my 4x4labs rear bumper and Manefre 38 gallon tank it is sagging in the rear. I am going to switch to EMU heavy duty springs. I am hoping they will handle the load and eliminate the sag.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

I originally put in HFS lift kit but with my 4x4labs rear bumper and Manefre 38 gallon tank it is sagging in the rear. I am going to switch to EMU heavy duty springs. I am hoping they will handle the load and eliminate the sag.

Just wondering if you ever ended up doing this? If so, did it help? I'm in a similar boat with a 4x4 labs bumper and an RTT.

Vintage, American Racing Outlaws. They still make them as the Outlaw II.

IMG_1613.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom