My Old Pig! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not mine anymore but it's now for sale. A fellow Mud member emailed me this link. My old Pig is up for sale! I can't believe it. Unfortunately, I can't buy it back right now. I wish I could but I can't. So, I thought maybe someone here might want it.

I would love for a Mud member to get it so I can keep track of it. Someday, I might be able to buy it back :)

Here's the link: http://www.sor.com/sor/showphoto.ta.../class2.tam

FWIW, I sold it to him for more than what he is asking. I sold it in May of '03.

link did not come up!!

nice pig
ken.quintero[1].jpg

Thanks nuclearlemon,
You should have seen it when I bought it for $500 out of the weeds in 1992! Rust holes in the front fenders that I could fit my head through. Rockers were shot but the old 55 ran great. What you see here in the pic was an 8 year off/on restoration.

My father and I rebuilt it when I was in high school and college. It really brings a tear to my eye as my father passed away 2 months ago. Needless to say, this 55 is very special to me. Unfortunately, I can't buy it back right now. Hopefully it goes to someone who will appreciate it and the old pig will live on.

I just showed my wife the pic and told her that it's up for sale. She started to tear up and just left the room. She and I drove it all over the West, camping out of it. It's been through Colorado, Wyoming, Montana. Idaho, Alberta, B.C., Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Utah. That was one trip that we took. Did all that in 6 weeks. It was a little over 6K miles. It never skipped a beat.

It's also been all over Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas. Man, I want it back. Hopefully, I can keep track of it.

Stock turn signals, just mounted on the frame horns. I never got around to mounting them back on the fenders after the body work was done. The body shop who did the work had to replace the metal on top of the fenders where the turn signals had rusted through.

I kind of liked the look of the body without the turn signals up on the fenders. The larger turn signals just don't look good up there in my opinion. I wanted to either mount an early style turn signal or mount something a little more low profile, like in the vertical section of the fender. As you can see from the pic, I never got around to it nor did the current owner. Oh well.

i'm with you on the signals, which is why i mounted motorcycle signals on the skirts much like the early pigs.

That's been for sale for a long time. Maybe a year or more. I remember e-mailing him a while back about it since he lives in the same town as me. He also works in the same town as me - I saw it driving around once when he drove it to work. I think he was asking $9K for it before.

I've always wanted a 55 but can't afford anything now.

JasonH said:
That's been for sale for a long time. Maybe a year or more. I remember e-mailing him a while back about it since he lives in the same town as me. He also works in the same town as me - I saw it driving around once when he drove it to work. I think he was asking $9K for it before.

I've always wanted a 55 but can't afford anything now.
Well, Isn't that INTRERESTING! I got an email from the owner and he did not mention that he ahd been trying to sell it for awhile. I was under the impression that it had just came up for sale.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom