My new Toy's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the slippery slope Ken! That SC sure is shinier than mine is! I hope you paid a premium for that:) !

Temp sender was not hooked up yet and used OBD II scanner to monitor temps. 92 deg humid day brought 210 deg F at high speed usesing lots of boost up hill near Golden. Turned off AC and turned on rear heater and it cam down to 195 deg pretty quick. Intake max was 154 deg F

Under what conditions did you see that 154 Ken? What was average IAT? Assuming the IAT to be before the SC, that's 62F over ambient, or effectively running your truck 6000ft higher than whatever your altitude was at the time you measured that temp!

What fan are you using?

Overall, are you happy with the SC? Is it doing what you expected? More or less than expected? Have you picked up a turbodiesel race at altitude yet? As one who stop light raced as a teen in Detroit, the Steamboat stop light races with the turbodiesels marbles a rattlin' was absolutely hilarious to me. I couldn't even hear my truck over the racket!

Nice install on the SC!

:cheers:

Scott Justusson
94 FZJ 80 Supercharged
Chicago

Lovely. :)

SUMOTOY said:
Welcome to the slippery slope Ken! That SC sure is shinier than mine is! I hope you paid a premium for that:) !

Under what conditions did you see that 154 Ken? What was average IAT? Assuming the IAT to be before the SC, that's 62F over ambient, or effectively running your truck 6000ft higher than whatever your altitude was at the time you measured that temp!

What fan are you using?

Overall, are you happy with the SC? Is it doing what you expected? More or less than expected? Have you picked up a turbodiesel race at altitude yet? As one who stop light raced as a teen in Detroit, the Steamboat stop light races with the turbodiesels marbles a rattlin' was absolutely hilarious to me. I couldn't even hear my truck over the racket!

Nice install on the SC!

:cheers:

Scott Justusson
94 FZJ 80 Supercharged
Chicago

Fan is the one that comes with the supercharger kit

154 degF was same time I saw the coolent temp go to 210. Driving it was varied between 124 to 138 deg F

I am very happy with the performance. As others have said, "it should have come from the factory this way."

I really need to stop hanging out here...I am going to get in trouble (more trouble)!

Looking good Romer its about time!

locrwln1 said:
It's part of the Lexus package, mines the same gold color.:flipoff2:

Jack

Get bent! I have a Lexus too! :flipoff2:
Gonna look again in the morning...I swear mine's black tho...:confused:

Thanks for the weight est. Romer. Your truck is building up nice...

what gauge pod did you use? the one from the acura? are the gauges distracting in that place or are you used to it...

I wanna SC too :crybaby:

Mileage

How many miles did your LX have on it when you put on the SC. My mechanic has recommended against it.

I have a 97LX w/ 91,000

mtnspeed-----you may not want to just bolt on and go; but rather go through some of the other related issues/parts and check for optimum performance. Head gasket, water pump, radiator, etc ( see abc's of cooling thread). Whos your mechanic and is he uberfamiliar w/ supercharger/turbo setups. Just for reference; ive got a 95 and the S/C was installed by toy dealership(with above mentioned parts) at 180k, driven another 12 since then w/ no problems. Just remember its not just the $ of the unit but the coinciding necessary parts to go along, oh and some labor if your not into nuts and bolts. oh and i LOVE it!!

mtnspeed said:
How many miles did your LX have on it when you put on the SC. My mechanic has recommended against it.

I have a 97LX w/ 91,000

125,000 miles. Robbie and others said it was fine as I just did the headgasket. That's the big thing. If your going to do it, doing the headgasket and fuel injectors is pre-requisite.

So Romer what you saying you just replaced the headgasket and clean the injectors? And still runnin the old piston rings..?

Hello Romer,
Looking good.
Very envious of your drawer system.

Curious, how much boost do you run with the Super charger?
And at what RPM are you getting full boost?

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
JerryLX450 said:
So Romer what you saying you just replaced the headgasket and clean the injectors? And still runnin the old piston rings..?

Yup.

The 1FZ bottom end is over-built. It makes up for the head gasket....;)

JerryLX450 said:

Last winter, Robbie replaced the headgasket, milled the head, resealed the valves, cleaned fuel injectors, replaced Distributor cap, rotor and wires, and fan clutch.

Headgasket, fuel injectors and making sure your colling system is up to snuff (Rdaitor in good shape, fan clutch, tstat, etc.) are the primary concerns

Same old pistons. There was a little carbon in my piston rings and I ran the AutoRX product talked about on bobistheoilguy.com web site

On a side note I was talking to one of the TRD guys a few days ago and he told me somebody was building a couple drag motors out of 1FZ's. The horsepower number was staggering, something like 700+ with basicly a stock bottom end...:eek:

cruiserdan said:
On a side note I was talking to one of the TRD guys a few days ago and he told me somebody was building a couple drag motors out of 1FZ's. The horsepower number was staggering, something like 700+ with basicly a stock bottom end...:eek:

Dang... See if he can get you a name. Maybe they should post up that engine build here. That is a whole lot of power.

Imagine... Driving up to the stoplight next to a stock Mustang, light turns green, you stomp on it... And burn all 4 35" tires through the intersection causing everyone within 1/4 mile to loose bowel control.

Installed the temp sender in the neck described above in post 23. A good data point is that it seemed to be a degree or two from the OBDII temp sensor reading.

Supra Fuel Pump is now installed and it seems to idle better run a little better and lower RPMs. Can't wait to try it out at the higher RPMs.

Wonder if that would change MPG, I would think a neglibale decrease, but I am only guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom