My New(to Me) Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well we've had a fj60 for awhile and I finally got my hands on a good fj40 and I thought hey why not share my joy with ih8mud

my 60 & 40

newcruiser1.jpg

newcruiser2.jpg

now just 40

newcruiser3.jpg

newcruiser4.jpg

newcruiser4.jpg

bandy rooster said:
oh and nice mall terrains! :flipoff2:
LOL they came with the truck, I still need to decide what type and how big of a lift I will need although I have already settled on either 35" or 37" tires...

74fj40 said:
are you considering SOA?
yeah spring over axle, cut and turn, also the OME dakar springs, I'd also like to move the rear axle back a few inches, I understand this helps decrease pinion angle and smooths out the ride a bit..

Relix said:
yeah spring over axle, cut and turn, also the OME dakar springs, I'd also like to move the rear axle back a few inches, I understand this helps decrease pinion angle and smooths out the ride a bit..

Think you'll lose the aux tank if you move the axle back.

Nice rig.

74fj40 said:
sounds like ya got alot of work ahead of you ;)
I wouldn't call it work..

looks like you have got a good attitude towards it. i have 36's on mine and stock gearing and it suckkkss offroading with it like that. I would seriously consider lower gears if you intend on wheelin her

yeah I've been wanting a fj40 for about 12 years now and now that I have one it seems so simple to work on that even I can take on some things i wouldn't have tried on my 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom