my new sliders

are done! :cool:

2x6 3/16" tubing, wide enough to double as a step. Fab'd by JK Customs.

Now I just need to get them finished. I'm bouncing between paint and powder coat. Anyone know of a good powder coat shop in/around Austin? Can't wait to get them on!

paint dude. you are just gonna scratch em up anyway. why pay for expensive powder coat. This way when you scratch em just spray over em again.

bjowett

Whew! Some drunk driver buried a very tuned 6 speed TT Supra into a minivan out here last summer... drunk survived, pasenger in minivan did not.

Nice sliders!

Looks like they are a little big for the supra, but they will help you get over those speed bumps :)

So will these stick out enough to double as running boards? It looks like the slides could have come from a fork lift, nicely done.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star

Josh,
What did Mr. Kenne use for that round tubing stock? The sliders look cool, but I am a bit concerned about the amount of deflection you might get on the round tubing supports.

davegonz said:
Josh,
What did Mr. Kenne use for that round tubing stock? The sliders look cool, but I am a bit concerned about the amount of deflection you might get on the round tubing supports.
I'm not sure; I'll ask him. We did talk about it and he said that it shouldn't deflect much at all. I completely forgot to ask the details though.

casey

-=-=-=-=-
SILVER Star
nice. you should have made an air tank out of one. those things are huge.

Call Akin & Company for powercoating. Mark W. got some stuff powdercoated by them recently.

Akin & Company
(512) 331-5787
1003 Cherry LN
Cedar Park, TX 78613

Last edited:
hammerite paint. nuff said. best paint out there for abrasion. spray's nice, rolls well as well. NOT the knock off stuff, you want the one distributed by KILZ here in the us. It's a uk paint.

Oh, and you are going to want to triangulate those mounts with only two points. This will prevent twist. You could form some 10 gauge or higher plate, or do more tube. Just my .02

j

Rookie2

The outriggers do look a little skimpy, also george's design has 3 per side. Definitely give us some feedback on how they perform under full weight impact.

Other than that concern, I like how they look too.

:beer:
Rookie2

casey said:
nice. you should have made an air tank out of one. those things are huge.
didn't even think about that! Bet it wouldn't be hard to fit up...

I'll try that place, thanks.

Rookie2 said:
The outriggers do look a little skimpy, also george's design has 3 per side. Definitely give us some feedback on how they perform under full weight impact.

Other than that concern, I like how they look too.

:beer:
Rookie2
Let me clarify though, I won't be seriously crawling this truck; my driving will be mostly expedition style and I just wanted some protection for brushing the rocks a bit and of course a step. Since I told him that, I'm assuming he built them to those specs. I assume they can take a decent hit but I'm not planning on dropping the whole weight of the truck on them all the time! :D

Top Bottom