My new shoes 305 70 16 km2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my new tires on there (after owning the LC for almost 3 weeks now). 305 70 16 km2 on stock rims with no lift and they work perfectly. I have heard great things about these but have never run them before. I've always been a toyo MT fan, but got what I think is a great deal on these (completely installed, mounted, blanaced, taxed and warrantied for $1050 out the door). Hopefully these live up to the good things I've heard.

225851_1900876735877_1660448083_1897350_6579251_n.jpg

249118_1902025484595_1660448083_1899311_3833253_n.jpg

250053_1902026284615_1660448083_1899314_4063484_n.jpg

Lookin good! good to see white-out too! not many ppl run tires this way anymore. Reminds me of the tacoma in Back To The Future.

one thing though, expect blood from the forum for still having the brush guard still on:flipoff2:

I think it actually called a "Damage Multiplier."

Nice shoes, I can't wait to get some myself. Why 305 instead of the 285?

Very nice, lookin' like a cruiser should!

:cheers:

thanks for the compiments. The brushguard is there until i can afford the ARB front bumper/brushguard/winch. That's running about 2k and there's other things on the priority list before that (this brush guard cost $70 used).
I went with the 305s cause I wanted the wider taller tire. i think somewhere on here someone said it was only a few mm wider, but I liked it better than the tall skinny look. Hopefully I can get a small lift on it and accentuate those tires.
With the toyos there weren't any white lettering, so I thought I'd see how it worked out with these. So far I like them. Kind of advertising for BFG, but any off-roading activist can usually tell what tires are what by the tread alone. I like the way it turned out though.

I'm a skinnies kind of guy, but you'll be happy with the KM2s. The trick with them is adjusting air pressure to suit your needs, after you've first dialed them in for typical DD use. This is probably less an issue with the 305 flavor, but it makes a heck of a difference in the 255s.

I'm a skinnies kind of guy, but you'll be happy with the KM2s. The trick with them is adjusting air pressure to suit your needs, after you've first dialed them in for typical DD use. This is probably less an issue with the 305 flavor, but it makes a heck of a difference in the 255s.

What's a good psi to run them on normal roads? They're at 35psi right now, but would like to get the most out of them as possible.

I have the same and run them between 40 and 45 depending on load.

On long distance trips, I bump them up to 50 (max)

Was that price for 4 or 5?

Tire rotation is key to long life :)

I got over 120k on my last set of KM's and was still able to sell them for $100 bucks a piece :cool: (5 wheel rotation using the factory guide)

As with all new tires, the top layer or tread will initially wear faster, so it's important to start the rotation early...

I did my first 5 rotations every 1000 miles, then bumped it up to 2000 miles for another 5, then 3000 miles and stuck with it so now it's done every oil change (yes, I'm anal about my tires, but it's well worth it over time)

Mike,
98 stated a good psi range to begin with. I run my skinnies at 48 psi around town (trucks weighs ~6,000 lb), although the tire shop guy said he thought 43 psi was OK. Loaded up for camping with the M101, I bump things up to 50 psi in front and around 53 psi for the rears.

You can probably run less than that for a more comfortable ride as a DD, though. They're fairly stiff, so probably won't cause uneven wear. I suspect that 35 psi is probably a little low, however. That will probably affect gas mileage more than anything. But that or even lower is good once you hit the trails.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to run it it right at 45 for now and test that to see how it goes.
So far they are still performing great, although they have not seen any off-roading yet. There are some nice trails with creeks around so I may try it in there once I find a buddy to join me as well.

98 snake eater....I've seen your posts around and was wondering where the name came from? I a reptile supervisor for a zoo and natural herp enthusiast so thought that may be where the name spurred from? BTW: that was the price for 4 tires w/ the lifetime rotate and balance included (couldn't afford the spare just yet).

98 snake eater....I've seen your posts around and was wondering where the name came from? I a reptile supervisor for a zoo and natural herp enthusiast so thought that may be where the name spurred from?

I actually got my screen name from one of my cars lol ;)

When I first started using the interweb, I had bought a brand new 98 T/A :cool:

Hit the local drag strip the next day and beat a pair of older Viper R/T 10's and a modded Cobra :D

When I pulled around to the burnout box on my last run, the announcer said "Here comes the SNAKE EATER" and I've been stuck with the username eversince :doh:

Here's an old sales video I made:

BTW: that was the price for 4 tires w/ the lifetime rotate and balance included (couldn't afford the spare just yet).

I would honestly try to get a matching spare before your first rotation :hmm:

Using the factory guide goes a long way towards the longevity of these tires :)

97FZJ80RotationDiagram.JPG

Here's my last set of KM's with over 120k miles on them (unheard of for any Mud Tire) :grinpimp:

BFGCREGGZ2.JPG

BFGCREGGZ3.JPG

BFGCREGGZ4.JPG

BFGCREGGZ5.JPG

I could've went a bit longer, but I had one blow out and decided to get 5 new KM2's :meh:

Ended up selling the KM's for $100 bucks a pop :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom