My new Rod holder storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Picked up the Rodmounts Rodloft from Cabela's a few days ago and have used it a couple times already. I really like this system. It keeps the tips of the rods high enough for them not to brush the top of your head. The reason being is because the bar right behead the front sears sits higher than the holders in the back.
The 100 series was very difficult to fit for this system. I managed to get it to work but it isn't perfect. Close but not perfect. The only thing I really can say I do not like is that the handles of the reels do not sit tight into the doohicky thingy. You will see the pics an know what I mean. There definitely is room for improvement.
f047fd2e.jpg

c950e9d2.jpg

d7f7b187.jpg

a81e2969.jpg

31ab51b2.jpg

1565006f.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!! I have a similar setup in my 100. I will post a picture later... I have the rear interior pulled apart right now running some new wiring to the back of the truck. Did the Rodmounts come with the bars too? I used clothes hanging bars and attached a different type of rod mounting strap to it.

It came with all the hardware needed to install. Actually it came with about 5 mounting options. The rear was difficult because the grab handles are not the same height or position. The ceiling in the rear is different on both sides causing me to get more creative. No cloths hooks or anything.
Post some pics of your set up. I'm interested in seeing how you've done yours.

Thanks for the picks. Would a passenger hit his head on the rods?

I guess it depends on the passenger. My wides head has about 4-5" of clearance. She is only about 5'3" tall.
If it were a problem you could move the holders to the middle.

Hello all,

First post so go easy, I fitted the same in my 105, but dont have rear a/c so the holder went on top of the bars not sure you would get away with that. Been in use for two years now going great.

I have found if you poke the tips through the front then reverse the butts in will be much easier than pictured, then angle front to touch top and bottom, helps stop boucing around, I removed the black foam too small. I keep all rods to the left side and put landing net, gas poles etc on the other side. Ill get a pic up.

Hello all,

First post so go easy, I fitted the same in my 105, but dont have rear a/c so the holder went on top of the bars not sure you would get away with that. Been in use for two years now going great.

I have found if you poke the tips through the front then reverse the butts in will be much easier than pictured, then angle front to touch top and bottom, helps stop boucing around, I removed the black foam too small. I keep all rods to the left side and put landing net, gas poles etc on the other side. Ill get a pic up.

Hello and welcome to MUD. There is a wealth of information here so hang around.
Thanks for the tips. Post some pics so I can have a better understanding.
For the mean time I will try and turn the spinning reels around.
I can not have the mounts the other way since the ceiling is right there. I cold lower the bars but then the bar would be in my line of sight in the rear view mirror. Then on top of that the rod tis would be touching my head.

I velcro-wrap mine to the grab handles on either side.

Rod Storage

Here are a couple pics of my setup. I basically used two clothing bars and a rod storage strap for trucks or suv's. My strap is mounted to the rear clothing bar and rod tips rest on the bar mounted just behind the front seats. This works very well and was done pretty cheap.
DSC01193.jpg
DSC01194.jpg

I mounted metal rod holders to a hitch haul for use with my rods. I do a lot of saltwater fishing and do not want the smell inside the vehicle. I am exposed to theft though, so I am working on running a cable through the top of the rod holders, basically locking the rods in.

Rods also fit well in a classic thule ski rack on the top if your not partial to them on the inside like me. Clamp them down and your good to go. Good idea for the inside though! Looks nice. (all of the above).

Eyeballs - Nice pics of your interior rod storage! I like the Rodmounts on top of the bars closer to the headliner... Post some exterior pics! I always like to see pictures the Aussie 100s!

Eyeballs,
How did you manage to mount them upside down? IMy bars are about 1" or less from the ceiling. I could use a different bracket so the bars could hang lower but then the bars would be in my line of view when looking in the rear view mirror.

Better yet show more pics of your mounts.

I only used the supplied fittings, pulled the plastic mould down and stuck em in. you can see the front better but ill take more pics of the rear. Had to cut the little knobs off the front to clear the sun roof but thats it. Yours are upsidedown not mine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom