My New Mod (Pics inside)!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some before and after shots!!
sideview.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg

Did you see the difference?

No??

Let's try again.. it cost me $3K, I hope you notice this time!!
nosupercharger.jpg
supercharged.jpg

NICE!!:clap:

Welcome to the S/C Club, now go out and have some fun pulling a few unsuspecting victims. Most are surprised how much our rigs can move with a little forced induction.

:cheers:

Steve

Well, about this time last year I was loving my rig, then I bought a trailer. Had my truck all wired up, went to pull my tent trailer, and hated it!! My lack of power that is. Living in the Canadian Rockies is tough with an extremely overweight, and gutless truck. I started looking for another truck, but I really didn't like anything that I drove besides the new FJC. I just couldn't justify the extra cash on the new truck, and I like my 80 better anyway!!

So, Thanks to my buddy Doug (Doug_w on Mud) and a quick call to Karl (knorrena on Mud for the stupid vacuum line trick on the last step of the install), we got it done in a Friday night and Sat. afternoon. Should mention that we also fixed the Valve cover leak, did the crank seal too. The crank was super easy to be honest.

I am loving the increased power, and it's been running awesome since the install. I could not be happier!

Sorry for the post, it's nothing that hasn't been done on here before, but wanted to share my new found love for my 80!!

Awesome!:clap:

Looks great D! .. nice work!

Love your cruiser! I am soooo jealous! Great job on the install....

congrats :D I just joined that club too. Need to post a picture of mine now too.

Jon

Nice looking rig... Except for the Roughriders plate!! Notice any change in mileage? I haven't noticed much change, mind you the fun of mashing the pedal down hasn't worn off yet!

Karl (knorrena on mud) has mentioned to me several times that he doesn't notice any difference in milage! Some actually say it's better if you can keep your foot off of it! I drive like I'm 80, so I'm expecting it to stay the same, the reason I got the supercharger is for the pulling, and the highway driving that I couldn't stand before. The first thing I did was hit the highway.... Now I can roll over some pretty big hills at 70mph. Couldn't even roll over them at 60mph before. I noticed the truck a little faster today, must be the computer tuning things up!!

I'm not all that qualified to say "welcome" to the wonderful world of S/C'd Land Cruisers since I'ver only had mine a couple of weeks... but dang, you are gonna love it!

Here's mine... brand new S/C in a 14-year old truck with 138,000 miles on the clock... yummy!

LandCruiserEngine-Supercharged.jpg

By the way... your truck looks absolutely fantastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom