My new LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

So I'm the proud owner of a "new" 99 LX470 with 400,000km and let's be honest, it needs some love.

But I got it cheap and while it has been otherwise completely neglected, the owner did keep up with the oil changes, timing belt changes and always ran it on high octane.

So I've begun baselining it and have about 25 litres of old engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering Fluid and ahc fluid filling multiple containers awaiting disposal.

When I bought it based on how it drove I thought I would have to go through the entire front end to get it to drive nicely but after doing the ahc and power steering I'm shocked to find it drives very nicely.

I'm pushing hard to get it ready to take the family camping on boxing day.

I thought I'd document what I'm doing and how it all costs out in case anyone is interested.

Great to part of the community

20221107_065723.jpg

20221106_143216.jpg

Welcome! if I lived in OZ, i would rock this as my daily, and then have a 105 diesel & manual for a trail rig.
I thought about a 105 but I've got 2 very little kids so we won't be doing anything too wild for the next few years. Besides, this will get me 90% of the places a 105 will and do it in comfort.

New carpet seemed like a pretty straightforward project. Just rip the seats out, old carpet out, new carpet in.

Ripping it all out was easy at least. This is an absolute mofo of a job.

Seatbelts were almost black with 23 years of built up goo. They cleaned up well though.

Old underlay was wet but everything looks good.

20221213_120438.jpg

20221209_140606.jpg

20221209_140534.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom