My New LX!....she tested me... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mudders! I'm finally getting around to posting pics of my new rig. This is the first 80 I've owned but I've always wanted one. She's a 97 with 123,000 on the clock. Picked her up a couple of weeks ago and right away ordered an 850/860 lift from Slee. I don't know what the record is for longest span installing a lift but I'd like to submit my name for 2 days and change! The front went on beautifully but the rear was nothing short of a nightmare. Let's just say I broke 5 bolts!! On the bright side I learned how to chase and tap holes.

I do have a question though, I had my castor sweep done and I'm around -2 on both the left and right tire. I've got OME bushings but I know they only correct for 2 degrees, I've thought about sending them back and ordering the blues but that still only gets me to +1. So my question is does 1 degree make that much of a difference? Should I put on OME or order the Blues?

Anyway I here are some before and after pics. The lift and tires (315/75 R16 BFG AT) sure do make a difference.
100_2316.jpg
100_2325.jpg

Not sure if it makes a difference (I'll let someone with more technical knowledge answer that) but I have the same suspension setup with the slee blue bushings and it works great for me.

Hi There, I had the OME yellow bushings in for quite some time on the same setup you have, I felt tired after a long drive as the truck was a bit too 'quick' in the front end and needed constant attention and driving input. I switched out to the Slee blue bushings and used Landtank's alignment template to set them up and the ride and drive experience is MUCH better. That 1 degree made a big difference on my truck.

Cheers Peter

Blues should be good enough. It may not be perfect, but there are so many other issues to deal with that you don't want to blow you budget on fixing 1* caster.

Welcome to the MUDness.

Ironman has a 3.5* bushing in case you want a tad more.

Happy with the blues as well.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be calling slee for the blues.

Now that I've got it looking more like I want it to it's time to baseline it. I've found a lot of great threads on the topic but I do have one question on protocol. I obviously want to get my parts from cdan but do you pm him on here or do I need to just give him a call. I really appreciate all the great info and hope one day I'll be able to contribute.

Thanks again.

You can PM him or call, he works well with both. A man of many talents. :)

That Lexus is PURDY! Welcome! :flipoff2:

nice looking rig. i just bought the same year and color 3 weeks ago. No mods yet. just working the bugs out. did the front wheel bearings this afternoon. easier than i thought.
:flipoff2:

Oh god, I dont even want to know how many bolts are gonna break if/when I lift mine.

Nice looking 80.

D

looks good hows the rubbing with the bigger tires? i think once my 285 75 16 ;s wear out i might go with the 315 75 16?

I haven't had any rubbing, but that being said I haven't done any wheeling/mudding yet. In all honesty I don't know how much of that stuff I'll do as this is my DD for now. One day she'll be my weekend vehicle. The tires fit perfect but again I haven't flexed it at all, but dang I love the way she looks!!

All I can say about the bolts is use the bolt blaster as much as you can leading up the lift. I used it once a day for 3 days and wished I had used it more. No telling how many bolts I would have broken without it!!

I personally would call the CDan. PM works but talking to the man is a whole different ball park. One call, one discussion on your needs and what parts, done. Im 99.999% email/txt/pm person. But in the case I need parts I pick up the ringer to discuss.

Were you at Razorback? I'm in Bentonville trying to gather more and more people to go wheeling with every once and a while. I have a similar 80 on 285, the 4runner is my old ride. Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom