My New Land-Cruiser!

Hello everyone.
For some times now I've been reading this forum.
Watching, trying to find my new truck.
And then I talked to David Bj60!
This guy hooked me up to a friend of his who had this stored Toyota Land-Cruiser Bj-70 in a barn.
I jumped on the occasion and called the guy. Went to see the truck and fell in love.
Of course there's some things to be fixed, but when the price is right, you gotta spend the money!
So here is my truck : http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum....9XJPX55BHUC&userid=masteryota&album_id=197907

Let me know what you all think!
It has 293xxxkm on it, and it runs great!

A little funny story on my buy.
I asked the PO if the 4x4 was working, so we head out to the field next to his house and he told me to try it. It was tall grass and underneath you could see the mud. I was'nt sure about that since it was'nt sporting good tires. I headed out there anyway. I rolled about 30 foot before getting stuck in deep mud :doh: !
haha, that's one of the reason why I want to lock my rear diff!
Also, if anyone knows of a good looking and useful rear bumper let me know.
I want one with hook so I can attach a recovery strap.
Thanks again to David! Merci encore Dave!

Sweet find, congratulations. This online community of ours really pays off in a big way many times. The 70 series are my favourite Cruiser series, and the BJ70 was what started the fever in the first place. Holds a special place in my heart. :beer: :D

Well done! Bring it to the next club meeting. Skinny and I were out today breaking in his 74, got it stuck, used the winch, got real deep in the H2O. Lotsa fun.

Regards

masteryota said:
A little funny story on my buy.
I asked the PO if the 4x4 was working, so we head out to the field next to his house and he told me to try it. It was tall grass and underneath you could see the mud. I was'nt sure about that since it was'nt sporting good tires. I headed out there anyway. I rolled about 30 foot before getting stuck in deep mud :doh: !
Hey, that sounds very familiar to Michael and me ;)

This BJ70 also got stuck in a muddy backyard and not having a functional lockout on the front, it was practically in 2WD:

Good score by the way :cheers:

Dave

Thank you all.
The pictures I've posted are larger on my pc but I think printroom resized them.

lshobie : I'll give you a call before leaving, what hour is it starting? Is it still at Mendes Toyota?

beanz I think I saw elsewhere that this particular bj was for parts? Is that correct? If so there is an air conduct piece missing on my truck that I would need. Plz leave me a message on this.

I'll try to keep you all updated on my truck when I get new parts for it

Thank you everyone!

:cheers: to the 70 enthusiasts!

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world

Salut Mat. Je suis bien content pour toi. Hope you will enjoy it with new tires on !

How is the brake ? Did you finaly need bleeding it ?

How is the consomation ?

Did you fix your oil sending presur unit on the block ? (remember, the sending unit is the same as the old 4runner.

Did your friend finaly believe this truck is better than a Jeep ? :)

Lâche un coup de téléphone ou un PM et va jouer dans le bouette !

Bye.

hahaha David, nope they still call it a jeep! :mad:
Bastards!
I showed them what it can do though :) I went on a trail or two.. alone.. I know I know, should never ride a trail alone.
I haven't bleed the brake yet and as for the oil pressure switch I haven't changed it either, I rode the truck from Montreal to Gatineau and that's pretty much it.
Well in all I did 630km on a full tank. When I filled it I put 67 liters in.
All and All I'm pretty happy with my truck! :D

David : Pendant les 2 semaines de la construction on s'arrengera quelque chose si t'est pas trop oqp!

The meeting is at 7pm at the stout brothers pub on bank street - where riverside and bank intersect. At billings bridge plaza basically.

See you there.

louis

masteryota said:
Well in all I did 630km on a full tank. When I filled it I put 67 liters in.
All and All I'm pretty happy with my truck! :D
If my calculation is correct, that's 22MPG. For a landcruiser owner, that's good reason to be happy! Mine is getting 19MPG around town, which is exactly what I expected-and more than twice what my FJ40 delivered. :D Congrats on the BJ70 Mat.

22 mpg.. not bad!
Although the diesel is now more expensive than gas.. :doh:
But still, for a truck that looks like a lunch box and that is so non-aerodynamic it's great :)

Top Bottom