My new KM2 pizza cutters on a BJ42 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Truck: 1982 BJ42 LX
Lift: Hell For Stout 4"
Wheels: TRD 16"

Old tires: 33x12.5 Fierce Attitude
DSC_0414.jpg
DSC_0298.jpg

Last edited:
The KM2

New tire: 255/85R16 (33.3") BFG KM2
DSC_0424.jpg
DSC_0423.jpg
DSC_0426.jpg

front and rear

Couple more...

they grab at least as well as the Fierce's though they have more NVH. Steering is a bit lighter due to narrower width. Looking forward to mud bashing them this weekend.
DSC_0428.jpg
DSC_0427.jpg

Rancher called, wants his gate back you bolted to the front of that truck......

The bull bar is outrageous, but I love it...it's such an in-your-face item, comin' atcha down the road. It's all aluminum, so it's lightweight...better than most of the steel ones coming from Oz.

Nice stance.

Tell us about those windshield wipers. I have never seen 3 on a 40 style rig.

It's a non USA deal, seems like only on some of the last ones built.

Hi All:

No worries . . . when you nail something good with that alum. bar it will fold-up! Send it off for the recycler (new beer cans!) and get a steel 'bar that can stand-up to abuse! :rolleyes:

BTW - cool rig! :D

Alan

The bull bar is outrageous, but I love it...it's such an in-your-face item, comin' atcha down the road. It's all aluminum, so it's lightweight...better than most of the steel ones coming from Oz.

I have some 255x85x16 km2s on order... they're going on my diesel hj47. I hope my new ome 2.5 kit will provide enough clearance....?

Looks great btw.

I love the skinnys Dave! Wishing the had a 35" that skinny... I want for my 55

Roo/bull bars are made to hit stuff hard- like a Kangaroo that weighs 200lbs or so at speed... I have seen this bumper in person and it is the real deal- although I'm always game for beer cans ;):beer:

Love the bar and the tires I hope my 42 Looks that good soon

3 wipers = australian LX land cruiser

Johnny and Texican hit it, afaik three wipers were a feature unique to the Aussie BJ42 and FJ40 LX models only. And of course they are where Toyota got the idea for the 2007+ FJ Cruiser's three wipers. The extra wiper really helps btw!

The LX also has special Zebra Stripe seats, tacho, clock, fold down/forward facing rear seats for three, sliding rear windows and 5.5" six spoke, 16" chrome original wheels.

:clap:love the truck and the mag i read it cover to cover every time!!

Looks much better with the pizza cutters on there. Does she she drive better as in regained some lost power ??

Johnny and Texican hit it, afaik three wipers were a feature unique to the Aussie BJ42 and FJ40 LX models only. And of course they are where Toyota got the idea for the 2007+ FJ Cruiser's three wipers. The extra wiper really helps btw!

The LX also has special Zebra Stripe seats, tacho, clock, fold down/forward facing rear seats for three, sliding rear windows and 5.5" six spoke, 16" chrome original wheels.

They also got the three wipers in Japan but AFAIK Toyota never made the three wipers in a LHD configuration for any market. However, as you said, they work so well that you could very easily use RHD wipers on a LHD rig.

I like the tires, even though I've never been a fan of the white letters. Are they loud on the highway?

I had the exact bull bar on my LX when I bought it. I got $25 for it at the scrap dealer.:grinpimp:

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom