My New HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well new to me anyhow.

1986 HJ60 338Km

Shackle Lift
33' BFG's
Rear locker

Mint, It was owned by a fellow mudder, spent most of its life in Victoria, so the rust was minimal, wheel wells solid inside, frame repaired. Only rust is on the outside of the rear fenders easy cut out!

Pristine interior, the drivers seat has only cracks, no rips!!

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

the oil pressure reads really low, oil is fine, temp is fine any idea why it would be so low?

My BJ42 reads low as well. Always has. when it's cold, it reads normal, when the engine warms up, it reads just above the low mark. Never had any troubles. Likely a worn out sending unit.

Small world, you drove past me on I5 on Tuesday night heading southbound, just north of Olympia. I wasn't driving a LC so you likely wouldn't have noticed.

Had my phone and snapped a quick one of another our beloved Canadian trucks heading south!

Enjoy the truck and congratulations!:cheers:
IMG00280.jpg

CONGRATS YOU HAVE GBCRUISERS FROM VICTORIA'S TRUCK, I HAVE SOME PICS OF HIM WHEELING IT AND GETTING STUCK IN THE SNOW :p

AJAEBJ42,

very cool thanks!!

Clint,

the big blue beastie is still at LCNW. progress is being made but Tims work has been tough to correct, most if not all of his welds missed and had to be ground down and welded properly. Winters comibg so i needed something to getup the mountain!

CONGRATS YOU HAVE GBCRUISERS FROM VICTORIA'S TRUCK, I HAVE SOME PICS OF HIM WHEELING IT AND GETTING STUCK IN THE SNOW :p

post em up!

the oil pressure reads really low, oil is fine, temp is fine any idea why it would be so low?

are you sure about the oil press .. please attach a mechanic oil press gauge and let us know ..

From the people I have talked to about the low oil pressure (as I had this same concern when I picked my HJ60 just a couple months ago) I have gotten the general sense that it is supposed to be that way. Really low when warm, disconcerting at first but supposedly normal.
Have fun with the new HJ60, I know I have.
Cheers.

I have four toyota diesels and all run low at idle.. two have cut out at idle (3b) when they were hot.. Kinda like a murphy switch. just run some good 15w40 or 20w50 and enjoy. about 1.2 million km between the bunch.

What is low and what rpm are you checking it at?

What is low and what rpm are you checking it at?

it seems to fluctuate between just below the low hash mark and close to the bottom of the guage.

I'm pretty sure I have a rear main seal leak, threw some lucas oil stop leak in and its been much better.

I'll know more by the end of the week.

Cruisin the Badlands!

photo6-1.jpg

You might consider replacing your oil pressure sender. I had a 62 (12ht engine) with that same problem. I hooked a mechanical pressure meter to it and it showed fine pressure. I bought a new sender and the meter became like new.
I have seen the same thing on another 62 and on a 80 with 1hdt engine.

cool thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom