My "new" FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi good afternoon everyone. Buying a real inexpensive FJ40. Haven't got a great picture of the VIN plate, dunno why I didn't when I took these pictures, but in any case it has a F135 engine which I've read that came in the 1962-64 years? Is that correct? Also going to spray some ATF in the cylinders, let em soak & try to turn it over by hand. I cant find any info on what size the crank pulley bolt is. Is it the 46mm or 1 13/16" like the later years?

20220911_135726.jpg

20220911_135734.jpg

20220911_141006.jpg

20220911_140940.jpg

20220911_140640.jpg

From the limited body that I can see, that looks like a really good example. Subscribed

Hi good afternoon everyone. Buying a real inexpensive FJ40. Haven't got a great picture of the VIN plate, dunno why I didn't when I took these pictures, but in any case it has a F135 engine which I've read that came in the 1962-64 years? Is that correct? Also going to spray some ATF in the cylinders, let em soak & try to turn it over by hand. I cant find any info on what size the crank pulley bolt is. Is it the 46mm or 1 13/16" like the later years?

View attachment 3287467

View attachment 3287468

View attachment 3287469

View attachment 3287470

View attachment 3287471
Looks like a solid survivor. Was it stored as is, without spark plugs, or did you take them out prior to your photo?

Regarding buying a "real inexpensive fj40", report back to us in a year or so if you still feel that way :grinpimp:

Looks like a keeper. That paint will buff out really nice. Looking forward to more pics.

Looks like a solid survivor. Was it stored as is, without spark plugs, or did you take them out prior to your photo?

Regarding buying a "real inexpensive fj40", report back to us in a year or so if you still feel that way :grinpimp:
Yeah right about in a year lol. Nah, Owner took em out who knows when. Been sitting like that since.

Wow! Nice complete score! Can you share the frame #? I see you still have the straight neck water pump on there. Tall thermo housing and non-corrugated top. I'm going to guess it's a 1966 or early 1967, same as mine.

There's no bolt on the harmonic balancer on your F135. You beat it on with a mallet. It has dog ears that you can use a large screw driver or something like that to turn it over.

Following and more pics!

Wow! Nice complete score! Can you share the frame #? I see you still have the straight neck water pump on there. Tall thermo housing and non-corrugated top. I'm going to guess it's a 1966 or early 1967, same as mine.

There's no bolt on the harmonic balancer on your F135. You beat it on with a mallet. It has dog ears that you can use a large screw driver or something like that to turn it over.

Following and more pics!
Omg are you serious? That sounds like a pain but I'm gonna have to try it. Don't have it right in front of me but I'll post it as soon an I get to it. Thanks for the info on the engine. This is gonna be interesting. Ill message you if I have more ?'s

For some of us who can’t wait, can you spit on it and wipe it off with your t-shirt to see what it will buff out to be? @wngrog might approve of pre-check.

I'm going to guess it's a 1966 or early 1967, same as mine.

Curious of the date myself. Thought that air intake ended pretty early. Late 65, early 66.

The press on harmonica balancer continued on in the F145.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom