My new FJ Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the New FJ Mount in the mail yesterday and like they say it was super easy to install. Only thing I had to do that wasn’t in the instructions was make the holes on the base of my jack a little bigger. Passenger door and kick plate both open all the way without any rubbing. Just need to come up with a way to lock it that doesn’t look to crazy.

IMG_20110304_084231.jpg
IMG_20110304_084218.jpg
IMG_20110304_084207.jpg

Nice post. Can you throw up a couple of pics of the base and how its mounted there as well as maybe one with the door open? Thanks

Or you could just store it in the garage until you go on a ride. Pretty clean.

Pics of the Passenger side door and kick Plate open all the way.
IMG_20110304_112707.jpg
IMG_20110304_112721.jpg
IMG_20110304_112651.jpg

Or you could just store it in the garage until you go on a ride. Pretty clean.

Yeah but the problem with that (providing you dont have a smaller jack rolling around in the cab) is if you get a flat in day-to-day driving. But keeping in the garage will be safer and keep it in better condition.

that locks sweet! I'll have to look into getting one but for know i'll think i'm going to just use a gun lock.

Last edited:
how does the base work? any chance of a pic of the base without the jack on it?

just curious if those pins go all the way down..

Looks Awesome !
I've seen it on JT 40 and let me say that he put a lot of work and
effort by building this product.
And the most important, I think, a great person who feels very
proud with the FJ Mount Invention, that tells me a lot !

Looks like I’ll be getting one of the new FJ mount locks now. As soon as I get it I’ll post up some pics and what I think about it.

Here are some pictures of the base and mount with out the jack. Also one picture of why I put the base pins in a different spot then the pictures in the instructions. I have the Hi-lift Extreme and I didn’t want to use the big holes in the base cause I was scared that the jack could shift around a bit, so I went with the smaller holes. Just had to make them a little bigger and now it fits supper snug.
IMG_20110306_125219.jpg
IMG_20110306_125250.jpg
IMG_20110306_125442.jpg

maybe you can drill a small hole in the end of the locking bolt and a little bigger hole in the pins and buy a coupleof small locks and use them instead of the pins in the bottem and put one through the hole that you would drill in the end of the locking bolt just a thought

You could or just order the mount with the lock! Its only a few bucks more if you get the mount and lock together.

Questions other people asked on some of the other threads that I gave an answer to. Thought I would try to keep all this stuff in one spot.

Driving and Blind Spot

With the roll bar and this I would think the blind spot would be an issue; no?

ME: The jack basically follows the window frame all the way up so it doesn’t create a blind spot. I can take a picture from the driver seat tomorrow after work if you want.

Price
MSRP $119.99 Standard kit
MSRP $129.99 Deluxe kit (with locking knob)
MSRP $24.99 Locking Knob

Hi All:

Sorry to "rain on your parade" but this is at best a mall cruiser poser accessory!

Well, let me qualify this statement: in the Pacific Northwest of North America (western British Columbia, Washington State, and Oregon) mounting a HiLift jack in that spot will result in:

1) excellent exposure to the elements (i.e. rain, snow, etc.) resulting in corrosion on the jack, especially the mechanism.

2) damage from rubbing on trees, boulders, etc. on the tight trails around here!

Myself, I carry a HiLift behind the front seats, wrapped in a pair of old jogging pants. It is protected from both damage and rust, and the jogging pants help cut down on rattles and clunks! :D

Regards,

Alan

Def a nice mount......but I gotta say..That's the cleanest HyLift I've ever seen, no rust, no mud :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom