My New Body Armour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The narrow trails that we run cause the trees to be attracted to sheet metal. So I had Carl at Outback Off-road fab up some fender, rain gutter and additional quarter panel protection. Those pesky trees persistently grow straight to the sky regardless of the angle of the trails. This gave me some urgency to protect the gutters and the back corners seem to be a target also. I wheeled it with other Hoosier Cruiser's and Windy City guys 2 days after picking it up from Carl. I am pleased to reported lots of scrapes on the new tubing and no sheet metal dings or damage.......for the first time!!! Needless to say, I am very pleased!
Carl Armour - Badlands 03-22-08 004.jpg

Carl Armour 001.jpg

Carl Armour 002.jpg
Carl Armour - Badlands 03-22-08 004.jpg
Carl Armour 001.jpg
Carl Armour 002.jpg

looks good! i was wondering how your roof rack was attached until i saw the feet.

Seeing how this was put together by Carl, he'll have another customer very soon! I'm glad it held up to the abuse you did to it! I'll have to start working a second job just to support my Cruiser fetish!

Yea, it's bad Phil.
Not sure if I should see a doctor or just let the disease run it's course.

Nice! I like it! There is no end to the fun with a 6X wagon!

Run some straight bars from the upper windshield corners to the ends of your front brush guard in the old Dodge Power Wagon style. That'd be cool-looking and very functional, too.

Nice! I like it! There is no end to the fun with a 6X wagon!

Run some straight bars from the upper windshield corners to the ends of your front brush guard in the old Dodge Power Wagon style. That'd be cool-looking and very functional, too.

Actually it was recommended to me by Carl to do that with wire, he called it a brush wire (I think). It deflects brush and limbs that come over the hood and would normally drag on the hood then over the windshield to the top. The wire deflects all this right to the top.

I like the idea of painting the armor a gun metal gray or the same color of the rig. Both those colors would fit very nicely. One would set of off the other would blend very nicely.

i have been looking doing this same very thing. glad to see it turns out so awesome....

another for the brush wire. what about more tubing from the fender protection up to the rack, following the A pillar? give you another place to stand for loading the roof rack...

Did you think about running some bar from the roof rack down your A-pillars? As long as you've gone this far, might as well turn it into a roll cage? I'll third or fourth the idea on the brush wires. Whole thing looks great and seems like it works well too.

Looking good ..

Just wonder if you have the rear tubes attached to the rear bumper and it's also attached to the frame, and the top attached to the roof.

Not he body moves diferent than the frame .?

another for the brush wire. what about more tubing from the fender protection up to the rack, following the A pillar? give you another place to stand for loading the roof rack...

That was my original plan along with a tube run across the cowl because I didn't originally think of attaching it to the roof. Remember my main goal of the roof tubing was to protect the gutter area from trees, not so much a roll cage. So when Carl came up with the idea of attaching to the roof with 4 wide points per side and eliminating the "A" pillar tube, I was for it. I really wanted to stay away from the exocage because I am only into my second year of wheelin. I figured I can add to the tubing later if I want, as I, or if I get more agressive on the trails.

Looking good ..

Just wonder if you have the rear tubes attached to the rear bumper and it's also attached to the frame, and the top attached to the roof.
Not he body moves diferent than the frame .?

The roof tubing is attached with a slip fit just above the quarter panel protection. So once the 8 clamps on the roof are disconnected, it can be lifted off. I don't anticipate any issues.

... Remember my main goal of the roof tubing was to protect the gutter area from trees... I can add to the tubing later if I want....

ah, that essplains. thanx, and nice job! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom