My new BDS 4In lift!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you might use a flexible tape measure and measure the length of the main leaf, eye center to eye center. Then measure the distance betwwen the front and rear bushing mounts, add the length of your shackle. This will give you an idea if your shackle is long enough. Most 4" lift springs are longer than stock so they can be installed with no load on them. A longer shackle might sit in a better position.

joesfj40 said:
HOLY SH!T ive never seen springs with that much arc to them maybe its casue im used to my flat pos soft stock 1s

:)

Stock springs are not POSs, trick is to put them on top of the axles ;)

Max... are you lookin to get rid of the bench seats for buckets? THere are no holes for headrests in benches...

actually there, i just to the backing plat off and pulled the vinyl back and the headrest mechenism is there. but i will probably get some of the racing seats from checker for 139 each, I sat in them when i was there. but i will have to save up...

bustanutley said:
Stock springs are not POSs, trick is to put them on top of the axles ;)

hahahha thats funny and true.

nice work max get that thing broken in. keep an eye on those shackles

I'm interested in the bench seat when and if you get rid of it. Trade for later ~76-78 buckets too? let me know

74fj40 said:
actually there, i just to the backing plat off and pulled the vinyl back and the headrest mechenism is there. but i will probably get some of the racing seats from checker for 139 each, I sat in them when i was there. but i will have to save up...

Man, don't cheapen your 40 with non-stock seats! You're resto/build is coming along so nicely too. Looks great with the stock seats. Leave 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom