My new arrival, Jimboomba- an '84 HJ47 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure when the injectors have been done last. I need to thumb through the stack of paperwork I have from the PO. I am running a Stanadyne additive with my fill ups.

I think the mpg would have been noticeably better if I hadn't been stuck in bad traffic for a couple hours for the last 40 miles of the trip.

Here in the PNW it has been such a soaker of a winter. Seems like forever since the rain has stopped for any significant time. We finally got a break in the rain so spent the morning servicing the tranny, t-case, and both diffs.

I had no clue the last time any of these were serviced in AUS. I realized when I started draining that I basically wasted the $$$ on new gear oils. It all was still a nice honey colored with the exception of the rear diff. It looked good except there seemed to be quite a bit of micro metal particles on the magnet. Oh well, now I know everything is fresh and good to go.

Last edited:
After that I decided to try using detailing clay to clean up the paint and get off some old overspray. I've never used the stuff before. It worked great. I went over all of the green and the paint looks and feels so smooth. I took some pics after the clay treatment.

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

As you can also see in this last pic, she is finally legit! Registered and titled finally after many frustrating trips to the DMV. Went with collector veh plates so no having to renew every year like a typical motor vehicle here in Washington.

I got my new 4plus spare tire carrier in the mail the other day. @lcwizard was a pleasure to deal with. I requested that the they position the tire on the swing out so it would not interfere with opening the right side, rear door. This thing is awesome and super stout! Weighs in at over 80lbs.

IMG_1752.JPG

And a cool little gift inside...
IMG_1753.JPG

Last edited:
I started in on mounting the carrier. The satin powder coated finish on the carrier looks super nice. The rear crossmember was coated in a glossy rust proofing coating and I didn't like how they looked next to each other so I pulled it back off, removed the tail lights and removed the coating from the crossmember and gave it a few coats of satin black.

IMG_1754.JPG

Once everything matched nicely I reinstalled the carrier and was much happier. Got it buttoned up and picked up another 33x10.50 KO2 and had it mounted up on another late model wagon wheel.

BIG thanks to Mark @cppilot for tracking down two wagon wheels for me and even having them powdercoated to match my other wheels. He even delivered them to my doorstep and we got to talk some cruisers for a bit!

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

I love how it turned out. I've always felt that a 40 series, no matter how long it is, looks best with the tire on the back. The 4plus carrier was a great alternative to adding an OEM carrier. I really didn't want to drill all the holes through the body to mount the stock carrier.

Last edited:
Very.

IMG_1073.JPG
Your Troopy looks great. OEM carrier on a Troopy was under the body at the back, chain winch and all that useless garbage.
Tyre on the back looks and functions waaaay more betterer
Nice work
Cheers
Crusty

Thanks Crusty. I agree. Also with the long arse end, it leaves a few extra inches of clearance without the spare hanging down in back.

I almost opted for the dual swing outs like yours. In the end, I didn't because my kids are always riding in the back, climbing in and out. The cooler/jerry can rack would have just gotten in the way for the most part, and I cringed at the thought of my boys slamming the door into the swing out. It prob would have been smarter for me to get the dual swing out and just not mount up the cooler side, except for camping trips and other needed occasions.

We finally got a beautiful, full day of sunshine here in the PNW. I couldn't resist pulling my 45LPB out of hibernation. I threw on the soft doors I picked up recently and took her for a spin. Man I missed driving it around all winter.

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

My boys and I cruised around, ice cream, and few errands.

IMG_1816.JPG

The troopy did get a little love. I got an Aus Outback plate in the mail from Landcruiserjunky today.

Last edited:
We finally got a beautiful, full day of sunshine here in the PNW. I couldn't resist pulling my 45LPB out of hibernation. I threw on the soft doors I picked up recently and took her for a spin. Man I missed driving it around all winter.

Man, that thing is whistle clean!

How did you install that rear seat in the lpb? What type seat is it? Have pics of how they're in there?

How did you install that rear seat in the lpb? What type seat is it? Have pics of how they're in there?

Daniel, Its a rear fold/tumble seat out of a 70 series. It is just bolted through the bed and tucks perfectly against the wheel wells . The seat belts are also anchored through the bed with a stout eye bolt. I will grab picture when I get a chance, its currently loaded up with a bunch of yard debris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom