My new arrival, Jimboomba- an '84 HJ47 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking rig there mate, I also used Phil from AUStoUSA to bring over a couple of Troopies, he did a fantastic job on both. It's good to see more RHD's in the states, it's fun to drive down the highway with my dog sitting in the left seat and people doing the double take when looking like she is driving. Cheers, Geoff.

Justin, that Troopy is super nice. I would remove the flares, I like the clean lines. It's your Troopy and if you like them, keep them on.

We need a 45 get together for Oregon and Washington.....I think there is quite a few of us.

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think the flares will be coming off as soon as I have some time to get in the garage (and preferably not 20 degrees.)

@cppilot Mark, Im all for it! There are a few others that Im sure would be in also. Something like a summer Crater Lake meet, a cool coastal spot, high desert/sunriver...we live in a great place, the possibilities are endless! Having the troopy definitely gives me more range as far as comfort and fuel economy too.

Justin, maybe Spring Time? I'm in for anytime. Let's make it happen.

Marl

I've been driving the troopy everywhere over the past few days. Headed into Vancouver for an appointment and spotted a nice 40 in the lot, so like any good cruiser owner I parked next to it. It was a nice rig, belong to anyone on here?
IMG_1576.JPG

Earlier today I took some time and drilled out all the rivets and removed the Aussie fender flares. No big surprises underneath. One very small rust spot and a few paint chips.

What would you all recommend for all the rivet holes, there was a crap load of rivets holding on them on. Should I just hit the holes with some paint or POR15 and call it good?

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

Good lord that is one sweet aussie shiela!! I would por 15 and keep an eye on the fender wells. If you spot weld them you risk burning the old girl! Definately looks better without the flares! Happy New Year to you and the family.

Good lord that is one sweet aussie shiela!! I would por 15 and keep an eye on the fender wells. If you spot weld them you risk burning the old girl! Definately looks better without the flares! Happy New Year to you and the family.

Thanks Brian. Happy New Year to you and your crew also. I will give the POR a go. Appreciate the advice.

I stumbled across a post over in the 40 section yesterday where a local cruiserhead passed on some info about a photographer looking for a cruiser for a photoshoot in a couple weeks. I happen to be off work that day so I shot an email and some photos to the company and they want to use Jimboomba for the photoshoot. The shoot is taking place at the pacific coast in northern Oregon. Finally a cruiser gets to make me some $$ instead of just draining it!

That's great, my old green goblin 45 almost got a photo shoot for a commercial, but it was too big and modified for there needs! Look foward to seeing it!

Got back today from a 300 mile trip with the troopy. A nice trip around the Northern Oregon coast as part of a photo shoot a local production company was working on. I was told the client was A large healthcare conglomerate.

The photographers/video folks all loved the troopy and asked tons of questions. There was even interest in using her for some future shoots.

I snapped a few photos along the way I figured I'd share.

IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG

Last edited:
:clap:
This trip finally gave me the opportunity to get a good fuel mpg calculation. Final tally was about 18.6 mpg. This included the nearly two hours creeping along in bumper to bumper traffic when getting back into the city.
Justin, thank you for sharing the awesome photos and mpg info... I was always curious about the fuel efficiency on the troopy w/ the 2H motor. 18-19 mpg is pretty good! :clap:

18-19 MPG sounds a bit low to me...
my old 2h troopy gets 21-23 MPG that would be 10-11 liters per 100kms converted.
when was the last time you had the injectors serviced? when i had mine done... noticed the difference immediately.
cheers
crusty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom