My new 82 FJ40 w only 41K miles! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Threads
I am the proud new owner of a 1982 FJ40 with a mere 41K miles. I bought it off the second owner who is 73 years old and owns McKinnon Toyota in Clanton, AL. He has owned it for 27 years. It is in amazing condition. He kept it indoors it's entire life in a warehouse at his home. Everything is original and serviced with original parts. The only faults with the vehicle is the first owner installed an aftermarket sunroof and added fender flares. I can live w the flares, but will have to repair the sunroof. It does not have PS or A/C. I am in the process of adding factory PS and may add a/c at a later date if I can't live without it. So far it has not been a problem. I have already replaced the tires w BFG AT's.
image.jpg

41K miles, Amazing!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Me and Mr. McKinnon in front of his dealership the day I picked it up.

image.jpg

That's a Warn 8274 hiding under that cover :).

image.jpg

sweet.........get the correct wheels on the list also......

As it sits now after new tires.

image.jpg

I am planning on changing the wheels at some point. Not sure if I'll go back to stock or a set of American Racing Mojave Teflon wheels. Will also add a 2" OME Lift kit as well.

Plz dont live with those fender flares , 40's shouldnt have them...

Very nice. Some guys are just lucky finding hidden gems. Gool luck and have fun.

Great buy mate. How much did you pick it up for. What colour is it.

I would go to stockers instead of mojaves on that. A few wrong mods can make a 80k dollar cruiser a 30k dollar cruiser. That things is nice man.

Good point. I will end up with stock I an sure. Just not sure if white spoked OEM or painted steel. Prob painted steel.

Plz dont live with those fender flares , 40's shouldnt have them...

I only meant I can live with them for now, they will ultimately be removed, just likely the last item on the check list.

Great buy mate. How much did you pick it up for. What colour is it.

John Deere Green.

how did you find these gem?
Im surprised the po would give it up.

Me too, but he was very happy it went to a southerner. It was in front of everyone's nose, but went unnoticed ;). He acted like he was 60 Years old. Very good shape.

Nice find. I don't see a cataclysmic (sic) converter under the driver's side running board - was that removed?

congrats! thats a sweet 82 and a twin to mine(bought from widow of original owner)

I have the original white spokes but replaced them with earlier wheels with caps

funny my front PS turn signal sits at the same off angle as yours.......never bothered to fix it for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom