My New 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I finally joined the waggy ranks and got myself an FJ62 :beer: . I paid $1300 for it- got 240K on the clock, some rust, tranny slips, but runs good and has and ARB bumper. I am probably going to sell the 40 to fund the 62 build up. Now that I have almost 2 kids (one due in may) and 2 dogs, the 40 just doesnt have the room I need to haul the family. But I shure love my 40.
Anyway my plans are to do and SOA conversion, 4:88 gears, ARB's, NP203 to Splitcase, LT1 & 700r4, run either 35" or 37" tires, and freshen up the interior. Once the mods are done (haven't we all said that one before) I will paint it. I dont know much about the NP203 and I havent been able to locate much information on the splitcase adaptor. Who has done this, what np203 will work with a 700r4, and where do you get the adaptor to the t-case (and approximate cost)?
Any suggestions are welcome. What would you do?
Thanks.
Ran
Here are a couple of pics:
Copy of FJ62- First Day 006.jpg

welcome to the 60/62 fold. sounds like you got big plans for her.
post up on your mod progress....... :cheers:

Good for you. Nice rig.

TB

$1300 is great for that rig. Do alot of research on the tranny before you dive into a rebuild. A guy from Oz is very active on the 3FE board and knows the trannies inside and out. PM Euclid42 or overhanger for his cantact info. Welcome,,,,,,,,Jes

very nice, sweet deal, and ya white is very cool! your in for a lot of fun!!

I am fighting/working through the 700r4 203 split case issues right now. Shoot me an email if you have questions. I bought my adapter from Gary Krdum, Mudrack but depending on where you are located I can probably steer you in the direction of who has the adapters.

Tim

Heve your tranny fluid changed and add the tranny additive.
I had the slipping on the Toy Previa Van. I had a shop do the exchange and additive.
When I drove it home from the shop, the slipping was gone.
Make sure you do a fluid exchange and not a power flush or just swap out the fluid your self and get a good tranny fluid additive.
With luck, your slipping will go away.
I just bought a 62 last month my self for $1000 but it has more rust but less mi 104,000 but the speedo cable has been replaced so who knows how many miles it realy has.

The ARB was included, WOW.

Thanks for the warm reception guys. I have been working on the 40 all weekend (boy it is going to be tough to see it go- dont know if I can do it!).
I really like the white (I have owned a white chevy monza, the 40 was white when I bought it, white 300zx twin turbo, white 87 jetta, and my current white 98 m3 sedan). Holy crap I have had allot of white cars!
Dumb question but how can I add more pics if I am at my limit?
Thanks

rdublt1 said:
Thanks for the warm reception guys. I have been working on the 40 all weekend (boy it is going to be tough to see it go- dont know if I can do it!).
I really like the white (I have owned a white chevy monza, the 40 was white when I bought it, white 300zx twin turbo, white 87 jetta, and my current white 98 m3 sedan). Holy crap I have had allot of white cars!
Thanks
Thats right bee-otch, :flipoff2: Thanks for the phone call, you doing the knuckles?
stopped by gotta big WOOF from Max.
About the pic's you will need to to use CP and down to the attatchment's and del. or buy a star and you can up load allot more pic's...Im a tight wad, I just del. :princess:
Have fun, I PM'd you

Looks good, sounds like you are friends with Brian (at least I hope so after the kind words from him). Where in Salt Lake are you (area looks familiar to me).

It's nice to have another wagon in good hands. Mkae sure you wave if you see me (Green FJ60 w/ snorkel)

rdublt1 said:
Thanks

Please tell me you didn't give up the Z for a beemer :flipoff2: :flipoff2: still love my '93

Sounds like a good way to go on the 62, that's what we are doing with 82-SOA-60's rig in the next month or two (engine, tranny, transfers). Keep us posted on the progress.

Dang that is a sweet find for that rig in SLC. I know ateast 3 guys that you beat to the punch on it...and chalk me up there as well. If I woulda came accross that sucker, she'd currently be mine. :) Congrats though. Sounds like some sweet mods are on the way. I'm sure I'll see ya around.

-Ferg-

Ya- I know Brian- I was the Einstien that put the rock there to slow his decent down white knuckle hill in his avitar (Let's just say I am glad we all had a good laugh rather than picking up pieces of Cruiser). By the way- ask him why Yellow is his favotite color for vehicles.
Beanie- I live by Granite High in SLC, I think I saw you Sunday heading west on 33rd by Main. Cool Ride!
Chuck B- I actuall sold the ZX TT several years back when my wife had some medical issues (put both our cars up but you guessed it- mine sold first). I loved that car. I miss it. I bought the M sedan becouse I dont think the kids would like to ride in the hatch of a 300 Z.
Ferg- Yes I jumped on the deal! It has some problems but for what I plan on doing it was perfect. Actually your website pretty much inspired me to take the plunge and get one. Keep the info comming. That 80 axle swap shure has got me thinking!

rdublt1 said:
Beanie- I live by Granite High in SLC, I think I saw you Sunday heading west on 33rd by Main. Cool Ride!

Yep that would have been me, sounds like you live right over by my parents (they are on Lambourne at about 4th east)
I'm in the area a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom