My new 100! Warren Buffet family! 2002 with 17k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up my new 100. It was Warren Buffetts oldest son's, Howard G. Buffett. It's a 2002 LC with 17k. The vehicle sat in his airplane hanger I'm told. Title verifies previous owner and all! The truck is in excellent condition in and out. One door molding needs painted and a scratch on the rear bumper. Interior is immaculate! I'm pretty excited although..... I just bought an 02 last week with 40k.

Don't need both and I want to do some slight mods...small lift, bumpers, bigger tires.

Need to pick one. Should I mod the 17k mile cruiser or is that blasphemy? Maybe do the 40k one instead? I could keep both but not very practical. Should I keep the cherry one stock? Decisions, decisions...pics to follow tomorrow.

Dude, you rock! Congratulations! It's pretty rare finding an LC with that few miles. Most of the garage queens seem to be LX's.

Back when I was looking I found an early 2000's LX at a dealer in Reno. It had under 10k on it. Sold before I could call the dealer. Must have been some star's Tahoe Cabin rig. They're rare, but out there.

Need to pick one. Should I mod the 17k mile cruiser or is that blasphemy? Maybe do the 40k one instead? I could keep both but not very practical. Should I keep the cherry one stock? Decisions, decisions...pics to follow tomorrow.

Keep both if you have the room!
I have a 98' LC and my wife has 98' LC. No problem here!
Albeit, I do have my GSXR for my need for speed....

Congrats! I had a hard time finding an 07 recently with that low mileage. i also wanted freeway mileage not just 17k worth of "stop and go". Looks like you got the perfect deal. Willing to share how much $$?

I would build the 40k and keep this one cherry but it depends how many miles you are planning on driving if it was mine I would keep the 17k one and sell the 40k...

If you are only keeping one, the obvious choice would be to keep the 17K rig, mod it, drive it, enjoy it. Even if you beat it up a little off road, it will STILL hold some amazing value simply due to the low miles. If you want to get rid of your 40K rig, let me know how much! My wife needs a cruiser, too. :D

Stellar find, congrats! :cheers:

Keep the 17k one, sell the 40k one, and buy a high mileage 100 to wheel.

Mod the high mileage one with the money left over from selling the 40k one.

40k one is worth roughly 25k

higher mileage one is worth about 12k

Thanks for the input. I think I will keep the 17k and do some slight mods.

My other Cruiser is an 02 thunder cloud metallic. Very nice, 40k miles. Absolutely zero corrosion. 25,500 if interested, PM me if you'd like. Thanks

Pics please

Just picked up my new 100. It was Warren Buffetts oldest son's, Howard G. Buffett. It's a 2002 LC with 17k. The vehicle sat in his airplane hanger I'm told. Title verifies previous owner and all! The truck is in excellent condition in and out. One door molding needs painted and a scratch on the rear bumper. Interior is immaculate! I'm pretty excited although..... I just bought an 02 last week with 40k.

Don't need both and I want to do some slight mods...small lift, bumpers, bigger tires.

Very nice, two under 50K that is pretty good, I am guessing you are around the NE area since you got a Buffett mobile?

A little off topic - Why does Jr need an airplane hanger when Berkshire Hathaway owns NetJets? Daddy does not have a private plane:hmm:

Nice find BTW
My bet is he kept it at a hanger in a city he flew too frequently while using NetJets. Sounds like a very nice 'airport car'.

Sounds like the find of the decade. I dream of finding some lightly used truck from Aspen or Vail that has been in a garage it's whole life. looking forward to seeing the pics.

pics

Here are the pics.... First one is the Buffett mobile with 17k. I'm currently swapping the gold emblems for silver in between posts.
Second is the 40k mile one that's thundercloud metallic.

The Buffett mobile was sitting in Omaha, Nebraska and I live in Northeast KS. 2 hour drive, nice and easy...

Believe it or not the 40k one has the cleanest undercarriage I've ever seen...looks new....

Both Cruisers I bought from dealerships.

I'm still on the fence on this one....
photo.JPG
photo1.JPG

don't wheel any of them. They are the cleanest 100's I have ever seen. I would cry if I put a big fat scratch in the first one.

What did you pay for it?

Beautiful looking rigs, both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom