My LQ9 Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rockjock seems to be reasonably priced and seems to do excellent work

If I was going down this route I would consider shipping it down to him

I'm not a wealthy man and am very uncomfortable with borrowing money to do one of these

I have a ls1 oil pan off of a 2001 Camara to aid in clearance. As to whether you can run a smaller lift, I would defer to rockjock82, as he is more knowledgeable.

Rockjock seems to be reasonably priced and seems to do excellent work

If I was going down this route I would consider shipping it down to him

I'm not a wealthy man and am very uncomfortable with borrowing money to do one of these
I feel ya man. Ever since the recession, it's been tight with everybody. I look at the outrageous prices on new trucks, and don't understand how people can afford it; even used trucks are commanding serious money. So I thought this would be a better route.

Is the trans a 4L80e? Is it stock or modified? 4L80e in it's stock configuration can be a hp hog. I have heard there are no front driveline to trans pan probs with the 4L80e, seem that there is. I got a v8 with the 4L60e and it is extremely close driveline to trans pan. So close a DC shaft will never fit in there unless the trans pan gets shaved. Are you running the 80 t-case or a 60 split case?

Mine also gets hot in the trans tunnel, nature of the beast.

Cheers

Wish they were some LQ9 / 80s in Texas that I could go for a quick ride so I can feel that V8 in action...
I drove a 100s and I wasn't impressed with the 2UZ.

Still waiting to get on a turbo 80 as well. Can't decide yet which route to go

Drove a 200s and that was another story...

Is the trans a 4L80e? Is it stock or modified? 4L80e in it's stock configuration can be a hp hog. I have heard there are no front driveline to trans pan probs with the 4L80e, seem that there is. I got a v8 with the 4L60e and it is extremely close driveline to trans pan. So close a DC shaft will never fit in there unless the trans pan gets shaved. Are you running the 80 t-case or a 60 split case?

Mine also gets hot in the trans tunnel, nature of the beast.

Cheers
I'm running a built 4l65e. I don't have the specs with me, but will post them up when I get home. I'm running the stock 80 case, debating on going part time to get rid of drive line vibrations, or having someone do a cut and turn like on your 80. Sorry about your rig in St Anthony man, your build was sick.

Right on. A c&t won't get rid of vibes unless you cut the radius arm mounts off the axle and rotate. It will give you awesome caster but it is a can of worms to open. Depending on how much lift you have the steering may have to be re-configured too. 60 case and or part time will get rid of front driveline vibes but if you have to run in 4wd at speed they will still be there. This is why I am going RuffStuff front housing, so I can set it all up how I want from scratch. I had a new front shaft made last December, about 1/8" between the shaft and my trans pan.

Cheers

Hmmm, I guess I'll go part time then. If you ever need my cruiser to help you on your ls swap, I'm not far from you. I'm in Cache Valley and have no problems leaving my cruiser up in Jackson. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom