My legacy FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depends on what you need. Shims are available from Toyota still i think. Dig into the parts diagrams and see if the part numbers are still live.

Looking for a little assistance. I need to find grey screw covers for the front driver's side grab handle (both cscrew covers are missing) and the back passenger side grab handle above the window (just the forwars screw cover is missing). See attached pics. Have searched everywhere I can think of without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Missing Grab Handle Screw Covers.jpg

Passenger side Grab Handle Forward missing Screw Cover.jpg

My '97 80 Series did not auto-lock when put into drive. To my knowledge, that wasn't an option.

Found this a while back when trying to figure out if there was a way to preserve the door lock motors. Maybe someone turned yours off?

rs3000-owners-guide-page-22-of-27-gif.336953

Door lock mystery...

So, the master door lock automatically engages when I shift from Park to Drive as I believe it is supposed to do. But as I am driving, when I turn the steering wheel back to the right after making a left turn or going around a left curve in the road, all of the doors unlock by themselves as if I hit the master unlock switch on the driver door switch panel. And then they stay unlocked. If I then relock the door with the master door lock switch, then as I come out of the next left turn or left curve, the doors unlock by themselves again. Only happens when the doors are locked and when straightening out after a left turn or left road curve. Doesn't happen with right turn or right curves.

Anyone out ther ever encounter this or have any ideas?

As always, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Since your door unlock seems to be affected by turning, it may be that one of the doors is loosing contact with the door striker and triggering the doors to unlock or maybe a bad ground or loose wire/connector somewhere?

Found this a while back when trying to figure out if there was a way to preserve the door lock motors. Maybe someone turned yours off?

rs3000-owners-guide-page-22-of-27-gif.336953

Since your door unlock seems to be affected by turning, it may be that one of the doors is loosing contact with the door striker and triggering the doors to unlock or maybe a bad ground or loose wire/connector somewhere?
Thanks, Cahill. Very useful. I appreciate the response.

Learn something every day! Man…I bought my ‘97 in ‘00…I think the feature was far enough ahead of its time that I’d never seen or heard of it. Very cool.

Looking for a little assistance. I need to find grey screw covers for the front driver's side grab handle (both cscrew covers are missing) and the back passenger side grab handle above the window (just the forwars screw cover is missing). See attached pics. Have searched everywhere I can think of without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 3317786

View attachment 3317799
Maybe @slow95z or @arcteryx may have some in their parts trucks.

You may be able to buy hew since it's the gray interior. Check partsouq for part numbers and also check McGeorge.

So I'm replacing the driver's side front power window motor. Seems to be going ok.

In removing the door panel, I see this black box (see pic) inside the door. Can anyone tell me what it is and what it does?

Thanks in advance

FZJ80 - Front Driver's Door.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom