My LC was hit. Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of Houston's hurricane Katrina refugees in her hooptee decided to change lanes since traffic for her was at a standstill, she turned her steering wheel and gunned it...directly into the side of my LC as I was driving by on her left.

I had to have my insurance deal with it since she is now MIA from her own insurance company. It was considered a total loss, but it being a 91 and my high deductible, didn't leave me much to work with.

The initial point of impact was the right front wheel, then the damage was dragged down the right side.

The RF fender flare was destroyed and you can see the rest of damage in the pics.

Anyone have a spare white passenger-side front door, fender and flared trim? :crybaby:

I could prolly have the front fender reworked, but the door looks pretty bad. Doesn't even open right now.

Kinda bummed to say the least.

lc02k.jpg

lc01.jpg

Are they wanting to total it? If they do, I would buy it back, and get a couple new doors from a junkyard or someone parting one out. I'm not sure about the rocker panel. I think, like you mentioned, that you could rework the fender. Its probably worth it in the long run. :). Did you put the later model grill on? And glad you're okay. (At least I'm assuming you are as we haven't heard about any injuries. :).)

holy crap. totaled for that? i hate Houston drivers..... (and I are one)

i am waiting for response from the Nationwide people now. I wrecked my LX into a tree this last weekend at an offroad park. I dont really care it they total mine or not, i can go either way... pics to follow...

You ever goto Spring Creek Offroad? That is where I crunched my LX this weekend.

Glad your ok,looks very repairable.Still to do it yourself,replacing parts would be easier. Mike

Are they wanting to total it? If they do, I would buy it back, and get a couple new doors from a junkyard or someone parting one out. I'm not sure about the rocker panel. I think, like you mentioned, that you could rework the fender. Its probably worth it in the long run. :). Did you put the later model grill on? And glad you're okay. (At least I'm assuming you are as we haven't heard about any injuries. :).)

Yes, they did total it out(total repair estimate was $4300) and I did do a buyback. Much more than I thought it would be.
The previous owner had updated almost everything('cept mechanicals) on the vehicle to the '97 model inside and out.
I bought it in '98.

Thankfully no one was injured.

i am waiting for response from the Nationwide people now. I wrecked my LX into a tree this last weekend at an offroad park. I dont really care it they total mine or not, i can go either way... pics to follow...

You ever goto Spring Creek Offroad? That is where I crunched my LX this weekend.

I feel your pain. Guess you'll soon know if Nationwide is "on your side". That LX was sweet.
Never really have taken it off road, just real world situations with land development and construction.
Once pulled out a tractor that got stuck while grading lots in a subdivision. lol

Glad your ok,looks very repairable.Still to do it yourself,replacing parts would be easier. Mike
I've already been out looking for donor vehicles. Slim pickens or too much $$ for banged up parts so far.
Did find a RED vehicle, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it. Might have to go unpainted for awhile, I forsee a homeowner's association letter in my near future.

I agree bout finding a door and rocker panel. I rolled my 93 on a dirt/gravel road at 65 mph bout 8 yrs ago, all five riders not a scratch. LC spebt five months in the hospital getting bent back and a new passenger side. LCs are tough don't let them end 'er life. She'll carry on just fine. I doubt whatever lil shoe box hit you bent the frame since the wheel took the brunt of the force. Be sure to check the axle.

And of course glad to hear you're safe thats most important.

I agree bout finding a door and rocker panel. I rolled my 93 on a dirt/gravel road at 65 mph bout 8 yrs ago, all five riders not a scratch. LC spebt five months in the hospital getting bent back and a new passenger side. LCs are tough don't let them end 'er life. She'll carry on just fine. I doubt whatever lil shoe box hit you bent the frame since the wheel took the brunt of the force. Be sure to check the axle.

Good point. I really haven't driven it much since the accident...just the drive home at about 20 mph.
I still have the rental vehicle for now but the meter is now on my dime. :frown:
The rental? An H3! The top of the windshield leaks like a sieve at the carwash.

One of Houston's hurricane Katrina refugees in her hooptee decided to change lanes since traffic for her was at a standstill, she turned her steering wheel and gunned it...directly into the side of my LC as I was driving by on her left.

I had to have my insurance deal with it since she is now MIA from her own insurance company. It was considered a total loss, but it being a 91 and my high deductible, didn't leave me much to work with.

The initial point of impact was the right front wheel, then the damage was dragged down the right side.

The RF fender flare was destroyed and you can see the rest of damage in the pics.

Anyone have a spare white passenger-side front door, fender and flared trim? :crybaby:

I could prolly have the front fender reworked, but the door looks pretty bad. Doesn't even open right now.

Kinda bummed to say the least.

lc02k.jpg

lc01.jpg

Totaled??? That truck is fine. I think I'm moving to the US and start buying "totaled" Cruisers. I posted pics of what my girl did to hers about 18 months ago. In Puerto Rico standards, that is a scratch, mine was way worst and was fixed, as of today looks like came out of the body shop yesterday.:cheers:

It's actually pretty sad the way insurance companies work the numbers on vehicle repairs :frown:

Back in the day, I got rear ended in my RX7....

No major damage at all, in fact, all it needed was a taillight and center filler panel, but the insurance company wanted to total it for that :eek:

I said hell no and picked up a new light from the junkyard and a new filler from a local parts car and kept on driving :cool:

On the other hand, we have tons of newer cars that we literally chop in half to rebuild as long as they stay under the total value :bang:

Ins.co.dont seem to be offering much benifit anymore. Farmers was horrible to deal with .No personal service,I hope they go broke. Mike

Marco -
Was out at the bar and saw a recent FixOrRepairDaily with more damage than your cruiser that was being driven on DWTN Denver streets, IMHO your cruiser is worth keeping and repairing if a ford can drive with two BADLY dented doors and front passenger quarter panel can continue to drive. Just a thought

My door looked like yours

100_4120-1.jpg

It took me two months but I found a white door and just swapped it out then had a body shop fix the rocker. There were a lot of pre 1995 white fender flairs a couple months ago yu should not have a problem finding one. You can save mucho dinero waiting for the right color if you have the time.

They totaled mine and after I got the body work done I had enough leftover for a ARB bumper and some Metaltech sliders. :hillbilly:

Armor it and add larger tires, urban tank hooptee killer!

I have learned for these incidents to call the police as they will tow the uninsured vehicle to the impound lot, so they get a ticket and then have to pay a daily charge until they retrieve the car... It's not much help for you but maybe make you feel better.

It's rough to drive in Houston.

My door looked like yours

100_4120-1.jpg

It took me two months but I found a white door and just swapped it out then had a body shop fix the rocker. There were a lot of pre 1995 white fender flairs a couple months ago yu should not have a problem finding one. You can save mucho dinero waiting for the right color if you have the time.

They totaled mine and after I got the body work done I had enough leftover for a ARB bumper and some Metaltech sliders. :hillbilly:
Wow, that does look the same.
Thanks lockd, that's encouraging info.
Hope I can find one locally in white too.
But I may have to take what I can get, prep it and spray it a light shade of primer for the interim.

Armor it and add larger tires, urban tank hooptee killer!

I have learned for these incidents to call the police as they will tow the uninsured vehicle to the impound lot, so they get a ticket and then have to pay a daily charge until they retrieve the car... It's not much help for you but maybe make you feel better.

It's rough to drive in Houston.

lol @ hooptee killer.

HPD was there in minutes, they just happened to be driving by.
The officer asked if anyone was hurt, we said no. So he gave us a form to fill out and mail to report the accident.
I was like, "What?" He said yep, new HPD policy...when there are no injured parties HPD does not file any reports.
He did check our driver's license and proof of insurance to confirm they were current before leaving the scene.
Her insurance policy (from louisiana) appeared to be valid but she doesn't seem to be a listed driver on it.

I have a full set of doors if you are looking for replacements. Complete except for inner panels. Black in color.

Thanks Adam. If I don't find something soon I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom