My Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Year/ Model: 1992 FJ80 3FE
Owner Name: Abel John
Vehicle Name:
Mileage:
Mods:
-Desmogged/De'Cat'd
-OME 3" Heavies in front with 30mm spacers, Mediums in back
-Castor correction installed up front
-Extended brake lines from body to axles
-4:88 Nitros
-35X12.5X17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws on 2012 T4R Trail wheels
-FF rear disc swap @302k miles
-Rebuilt front axle @298k miles
-Fresh u-joints @302k miles
-ARB front and rear lockers
-ARB dual Compressor
-ARB front bumper
-Badlands 12k winch
-Custom rear swingout with full size spare
-Custom aluminum roof rack on Gamiviti towers
-Tepui ruggedized kukenam 3 RTT
-TRED pro traction boards
-ARB Awning
-JDM running boards and moldings

I didn't know anything about these rigs until I purchased this one which was pretty much stock when i got it with 283k miles. I learned everything as I started to step into the world of land cruisers and fell in love and got the bug. This thing has been great as a daily driver, hasn't let me down and impresses me every time I push its capabilities. 3FE runs strong, transmission has a 2nd to 3rd slight slip since i got it and hasnt worsened. It didnt need any major work from the beginning but it did have the typical clunk and I chased it down. Completely rebuilt the front axle, new birfs, flanges helped quite a bit but clunk still there. After the ARB lockers and rebuilt the drivelines didnt fix it 100% I came to accept that its in the transfer case. I'm very happy with this truck, everything except the rear defrost works. I even replaced the speed sensor to get the cruise control working (so nice on long trips) and the antenna. It has been a great overland camping truck for me so far and look forward to many years of use and enjoyment this thing will bring. Future mods i'm considering are a fridge, drawer system possibly just a drawer system with a sleeping platform. I've done all of this work myself except the installation of the gearing in the axles although i did help set the back lash and am happy to share the knowledge I've gained and answer any questions you may have about my rig. Thanks!
FJ80 Tillamook.jpg

Last edited:
Nice intro. Welcome to Mud. Your 80 is extremely clean and it sounds like you have already done a good bit of work.

Looks great! 300k+ club represent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom