My HZJ73 and a few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I've just bought this 1994 HZJ73. Very very tidy. My 2nd 70 after a 1995 Prado KZJ71.

I have new Leafs on the way, what would the install be like as a DIY?
She starts to shake around a bit from 80kph, coming from the front end. Newish shocks, although the bushes are worn. Will get an alignment done after the springs go in, is that easy enough to do yourself?

The RPM gauge doesn't work after a cold start for around 5 minutes then goes?
What does the knob to the right of the steering column do? I have turned it but no effect.
What should the idle be? Seems to vary a little bit.

Sorry about all the questions, any help would be much appreciated. New to the 1HZ having only had 1KZs in the past.

Great rig, my speedo does the same when cold, why no idea?. Knob right of steering wheel, is that the steering wheel height adjuster, or thinking of it, it's probably the idler thingamebob ? Maybe needs some tinkering to correct tension through cable, Show some more pics of interior......please

Cheers mate i'm loving it. Yeah is it to do with idle? Will check it out in the weekend. Will get more photos up too

Very nice. I really like those flares.

Looks like a ripper damn fine interior, you don't get these interiors in today's 76s, well done, IhZ will treat you well, I meet a guy recently that had hzj 75 ute nearly 600kl on the clock, enjoy,
Are those 33" tyres, what revs do you do at 100klm on hwy, curious ?.

Had a wheel alignment and balance done today and what a change. No more shakes at all.
New springs are in, think the shocks are a bit older than the previous owner stated.. New ones will be next on the list.

Hi, I live in Napier NZ, I have a hzj73, The nob on the lower dash is a finger throttle so you can turn it to set your revs great your crawling over rocks etc. ,. Awesome looking truck. Merry xmas. Ski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom