My HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Just wanted to show my 1981 HJ60.
Full floater rear, LSD, 5 speed manual.
2008094.jpg

On this picture still sporting it's "primer look"

2008148.jpg

2008153.jpg

2008155.jpg

"paintboot"

2008161.jpg

2008183.jpg

Painting roof in Cruiser white.
Troopie says hi...

2008187.jpg

Troopie mixing the poison in his bj45. Love this pic.

2008189.jpg

Result!

2008190.jpg

Same coulours.

2008193.jpg

My biggest friend does not want to leave the car.

SaraFey040.jpg

Made a drawer system and safety/dog shield.
I put food and water cans on the mesh for Dirk (doggy)
SaraFey041.jpg

SaraFey042.jpg

Side storrage opens like so.

SaraFey043.jpg

SaraFey045.jpg

The "hidden" access area can only be used when folding the rear seat back.

Than this came along.
HJ61 1990. Was a contender in a race from Amsterdam to Peking.
It rolled in Mongolia and was driven ike this for over 800km.
Then it was shiped back to Holland.
SaraFey024.jpg

I will be using the (fully reconditioned) gear and transferbox and of course the 12HT!
Spring packs are new as well. I think plus they are 2" or so...

SaraFey025.jpg

SaraFey031.jpg

Bonet was held in place by a treaded rod. It must stay open due to the Chinese "Landwind" radiator.

Hope you enjoy!

Repelsteel

Nice pair of cruisers you have there! The sand color looks good on the 60, as does the blacked out radiator grill. I especially like the "Land Cruiser Club" sticker on the troopy. So which cruiser will get the 12HT?

Enjoy!

Nice pair of cruisers you have there! The sand color looks good on the 60, as does the blacked out radiator grill. I especially like the "Land Cruiser Club" sticker on the troopy. So which cruiser will get the 12HT?

Enjoy!

Let me answer that. I'm the one painting the HJ60 and driving the BJ45.

My 45 already has a 12HT:D. The HJ60 is next. We'll see when the swap takes place, but it will get done. Next sunday it gets lifted, the engine is probably next on the list.

Sometimes we drive both Cruisers on the freeway and due to the color on both rigs, it's like an early 80's brochure driving by. Pretty cool.

Repelsteel will add more to this thread to follow up on the build.

Later,
Mark

Hello troopie,

It sounds like you have put all the right bits on your troopie! How do you like the parabolics? Are you putting parabolics on the HJ60? A buddy of mine sells Haystee springs (TIC) and has tried to get me to put them on the HJ47.

Nice to see you have more than just bicycles in the Netherlands! (I rode a Batavus Favoriet to work today...seriously.)

Regards

Well, it took me close to 10 years, but now i'm practically at a point that i think the troopie is where i wanted it to be.
Well short of a nice set of sliders, a cage and a coil suspension conversion or a lowish SOA that is... Ok, i'm not done yet.

I'm really happy with the parabolics. They have good load caracterisics and they are pretty smooth riding. Not like coil springs, but way better than any other brand lift springs i've had the pleasure to ride around in. They were a lot cheaper than OME for instance. Heystee is only 5 minutes away from my place, so no shipping cost.

The HJ60 will get the lift springs that are currently installed on the rolled HJ61. I'm not sure what brand it is, but it looks like a 2-3 inch lift.

And it's really cool that you guys have Batavus bikes in the US. I did not know that. Funny thing is, i have an American made Cannondale MTB myself. The grass is always greener on the other side of the pond i guess.

Later,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom