My Hawaiian HJ60 Refresh, Maintenance and Good Times (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I have a 12HT in A fj60 And I'm still having prob less with my AC could you tell me to source out the O rings.Thanks
Got them on Amazon, there are a lot that need to be changed out, but will be some left overs in the kit.
5DEBD2AE-DEAD-4330-B44B-6BC8E6C270DB.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B000FJIXN2

When the windshield was out, we took the opportunity to paint the area between the dash pad and windshield glass. I don't know it's official name, but it was scraped up and in need of fresh coat of paint.
View attachment 1409717
So it was cleaned and painted. The VIN plate was taped off and painted a flat black. Turned out great, one of those things you can't get to unless the windshield is out and one of the little things that gives it a real finished look.
View attachment 1409718

The windshield install was put off for a while because of the fear of screwing it up. We bought a new windshield and non lockstrip gasket to replace the old beat up and chipped one to have some brand new glass up front!
The install was pretty tough, especially for a couple of amatures who never installed one before. But just used the same concepts and method as the other glass we installed. Used the string in the gasket method.
View attachment 1409719
View attachment 1409720
View attachment 1409721
It took four attempts, and didn't seem like we were going to be able to do it, but finally got it in!! Very fulfilling accomplishment, but would have been easier with a third set of hands!!
That FJ60 of yours came out great. Can you share how you removed the part with the VIN plate on it?

That FJ60 of yours came out great. Can you share how you removed the part with the VIN plate on it?
Thanks, but it’s an Hj60. Never removed the vin plate, just tapped it off when it was painted.

I was actually trying to find out how you removed the part that you painted black
Never removed it from the truck, just taped it off and painted it on the truck. I’m not sure that it can be removed, might be part of the dash welded to the body.

Been a couple years since an update, not too much work on the Hj60, mostly cosmetic stuff over the last few years. I wanted to bring back a lot of the stock looks back to this 60. First one was changing out the blacked out grill to the original chrome.
This was before~
IMG_0650.jpeg

And this is now back to the original chromed out front. Blacked out was fine, but I think the chrome pairs nicely With the dark green color.
IMG_9155.jpeg

B78F2D1F-A748-4B6C-BCCE-49A8D6A0DE27.jpeg

Also sourced some snake blinders to add a little more chrome below the doors. Just the right amount of 80’s chrome goodness.
IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_3783.jpeg

Next was to find the original G emblems that belong on the front fenders where there is normally carb fan vents. Since mine has the original 2H diesel, it really needed some fancy gold G emblems to make it right! Brandon at Classic Cruisers was able to find me a set, and now my Hj60 has all the correct exterior emblems.
IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_5142.jpeg

IMG_9770.jpeg

Brandon was also able to find me a period correct 60 series radio to complete my factory looking dash. It’s just cosmetic, as I will eventually put in a hidden sound system that bluetooths to my phone for all my music/podcast needs. But it just makes the dash look right with the 80s style radio.
21F4A5F4-9E0F-4EF8-9D1E-940DF75B5846.jpeg

IMG_9374.jpeg

You take superb photos! I am really enjoying this thread.

Also, over the last 2 years my Hj60 has gone Hollywood. It was the truck of one of the main characters in the limited series “I Know What You Did Last Summer”. It was a remake of a 90’s horror/thriller movie. But my 60 made cameos in 4 or 5 episodes throughout the series, all of which was filmed here in Hawaii. Here it is being loaded up and taken to the set.
IMG_9669.jpeg

In action.
IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_1596.jpeg
D01C1E03-37C4-4EB2-B894-0FDCC2DDE82B.jpeg

Also, over the last 2 years my Hj60 has gone Hollywood. It was the truck of one of the main characters in the limited series “I Know What You Did Last Summer”. It was a remake of a 90’s horror/thriller movie. But my 60 made cameos in 4 or 5 episodes throughout the series, all of which was filmed here in Hawaii. Here it is being loaded up and taken to the set.
View attachment 3495264
In action.
View attachment 3495310View attachment 3495311View attachment 3495312
Is that Jack Carr with a long hair? that should pay for some of that mods you guys did to it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom