Builds Brewsky's Build & Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you trace the existing faring over a piece of plexiglass (Acrylic) and have your light bar behind it? I did that with mine and it helps keep the wind noise down.
You can see how I did it on my build thread starting at post #70: Builds - R²M 2013 GX 460 Overland Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/r-m-2013-gx-460-overland-build.1104719/page-4
Although, I have a Gamiviti rack.

I had not seen that post before. I’m impressed!
But I would like to keep the same look if possible.

Maybe I can make some sort of guide out of 2x4s and run an angle grinder straight down.

I had not seen that post before. I’m impressed!
But I would like to keep the same look if possible.

Maybe I can make some sort of guide out of 2x4s and run an angle grinder straight down.
Not knowing exactly what material the fairing is made of, but assuming it's aluminum, if you have a table saw with a fence, get a fine tooth blade (80 tooth?) and you can just rip the fairing down with your table saw. Easy-peasy. It'll make a clean cut and just need to deburr it a wee bit.

Not knowing exactly what material the fairing is made of, but assuming it's aluminum, if you have a table saw with a fence, get a fine tooth blade (80 tooth?) and you can just rip the fairing down with your table saw. Easy-peasy. It'll make a clean cut and just need to deburr it a wee bit.

That’s a good idea 🪚

3rd year applying Fluid Film after getting the truck. Surface rust is minimal for living in PA.
I usually wash the underside with a 1:3 mix of Simple Green and a power washer. Then let it dry for a day and spray the film.I wish this stuff didn’t smell like dirty old rags 🤣

4ED8ABA2-C49F-4A0A-BECE-A10FB92E10E5.jpeg

3B927050-2EF1-484D-A1CD-894773383A88.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom