My Front Seats Need to be Replaced. If you had about $1500 and wanted an easy fix what would you do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLDR:
The Corbeau brackets are very easy to install and are compatible with a wide variety of aftermarket seats but offer limitations with the seatbelt buckle. Remember that different seats fit different butts, so I would suggest you sit in whatever you're thinking of buying before you spend your money.

Longer Version:
Last year I installed some Corbeau seats on their brackets in my 94. The install was quite easy. I installed new seats for additional legroom (I'm 6' 5" and have friends who are bigger). If you're NOT tall be mindful that the seatbelt buckle is fixed to the mounting plate, and the closer you move the seat to the front, the skinnier you'll need to be before the belt is at full extension. On the factory seat, the buckle is attached to the seat and moves with it. My kids can move the seat up and still fit, but my friends with short legs and a belly struggle.

Also be mindful of the seat width. I'm wide in addition to tall, and the Baja RS seats I initially purchased LOOKED great, but did not fit my butt well - the rails that hold the suspension straps would dig into my hips after 20-30 minutes. The good news is the folks at Corbeau were AWESOME and let me exchange my seats for some different (Sport) seats that fit me better - no charge other than return shipping.

AFTER I went this route, I read someone suggest using Sequoia seats. I had to kick myself, as I've spent many miles in my wife's Sequioa and they are indeed quite comfy, and apparently (per someone here on Mud) they fit.

Good luck with your choice.

TLDR:
The Corbeau brackets are very easy to install and are compatible with a wide variety of aftermarket seats but offer limitations with the seatbelt buckle. Remember that different seats fit different butts, so I would suggest you sit in whatever you're thinking of buying before you spend your money.

Longer Version:
Last year I installed some Corbeau seats on their brackets in my 94. The install was quite easy. I installed new seats for additional legroom (I'm 6' 5" and have friends who are bigger). If you're NOT tall be mindful that the seatbelt buckle is fixed to the mounting plate, and the closer you move the seat to the front, the skinnier you'll need to be before the belt is at full extension. On the factory seat, the buckle is attached to the seat and moves with it. My kids can move the seat up and still fit, but my friends with short legs and a belly struggle.

Also be mindful of the seat width. I'm wide in addition to tall, and the Baja RS seats I initially purchased LOOKED great, but did not fit my butt well - the rails that hold the suspension straps would dig into my hips after 20-30 minutes. The good news is the folks at Corbeau were AWESOME and let me exchange my seats for some different (Sport) seats that fit me better - no charge other than return shipping.

AFTER I went this route, I read someone suggest using Sequoia seats. I had to kick myself, as I've spent many miles in my wife's Sequioa and they are indeed quite comfy, and apparently (per someone here on Mud) they fit.

Good luck with your choice.
I like the Sequoia seat idea! Thanks for all the tips. I'm quite short at 5'7 so this will be very helpful !!

Another seat option that I find much better than the factory seat are seats from a VW Passat/Jetta from the 2009-2015 range. Other years may work also but from my reasearch these years were the easiest to find in good condition at reasonable cost. I've really liked them in my truck. My seats are from a 2011 VW. I think I paid $150 for the pair of seats
IMG_3426 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Another seat option that I find much better than the factory seat are seats from a VW Passat/Jetta from the 2009-2015 range. Other years may work also but from my reasearch these years were the easiest to find in good condition at reasonable cost. I've really liked them in my truck. My seats are from a 2011 VW. I think I paid $150 for the pair of seats
IMG_3426 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
They look great! How did you handle the brackets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom