My Free 1998 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nicely done! And another 60 owner gets a 100!!! I miss my 60 terribly some days, but the convenience and ease of the 100 also has me. One day I will have another 60 that is just a run around toy, not a DD.

Oh and get your credit up and grab a card that is specifically for Cruiser parts, you will need it. Keep OEM where you can and only go aftermarket if absolutely necessary. Just did this with my axles and the difference (AM to OEM) is night and day.
Dude! I’ve read a lot of your 60 posts. Really inspiring to see you working your a** off and learn how to work on it. If you’re ever out on the East Coast here it’d be cool to meet up. Thx for the comment. :cheers:

I have a 3k lx that i drive 200+ miles most days, shoot me a pm if you need anything.

Reactions: MDK
He did say that he owned a Disco II at some point. Smart lad.

@MDK congrats, I have a 2nd gen and a 100 series. Only about an hour away from you. @ShenValley100LC isn't too far from you I don't believe.

@MDK Yeah Im over in Waynesboro, but am in Crozet a bit. Theres a fair bit of 60s, 80, and 100's in that area. If you ever need any 100 series specific tools let me know.

love it!

but you're not going to love the parts for the 100 series. It's reliable no doubt. But when parts need to be replace, they need to be replaced. OEM is an arm and a leg. Baseline it properly and you will never have a car payment for the next 50 years of your life.

Haven't updated for a while... I guess I haven't done anything too exciting like lift/tires/pimp drawers in the back. But I have done a few things like replaced heater tees, AC drain-hose extension, new license plates, passed VA inspection, and put a few new tanks of gas in it. :grinpimp:

Photo Jul 23, 6 06 47 PM.jpg

(old vs. new)
Also been on a few 14+hr (round trip) pilgrimages to Ohio to see the :princess:. Too bad PO put crappy KYB shocks on it or I'm sure it would ride a bit smoother on the interstates. OH WELL -they'll do for now. :meh:.

Photo Aug 14, 5 40 29 PM.jpg

New tags. Cool enough to justify my 5hr round trip to the DMV. (Cruiser is a '98 and my bday is 9/8/98. At least I think they're cool)​

Photo Aug 16, 2 31 59 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 16, 2 35 32 PM.jpg

Gave it a good bath today and wiped down the bay. Cleans up nice! It feels like I've posted a pic of it in the same spot 5x now but I swear they're different pics. Saving up for some tires, and new bushings for sway bar/front end. Thankfully my local Yota parts guys hook me up - actually I think they just pity me at this point. :flipoff2:
It's been treating me right so far, just a strange issue starting after sitting overnight. Will sometimes take a few cranks and then hit a weird rough idle still, but after letting it sit for a minute it runs just fine. Put over 4k miles on it so far and hasn't failed me yet. Need some new coolant hoses and spark plugs next.
MDK :beer::)

Congrats Op, they’re are great vehicles just $$$ to maintain unless you do all your own work. Looking forward to some updates

4B3FCD85-F292-41D3-A175-B95A2F597747.jpeg
Old pic but the 100 is still ripping. Few new hoses here and there and new fluids, sunroof is fixed (mostly). Next front end will be refreshed and “the clunk” will hopefully be remedied by diff bushing replacement!

9/8/98? Must be nice.

Haven't updated for a while... I guess I haven't done anything too exciting like lift/tires/pimp drawers in the back. But I have done a few things like replaced heater tees, AC drain-hose extension, new license plates, passed VA inspection, and put a few new tanks of gas in it. :grinpimp:

View attachment 2406548

(old vs. new)
Also been on a few 14+hr (round trip) pilgrimages to Ohio to see the :princess:. Too bad PO put crappy KYB shocks on it or I'm sure it would ride a bit smoother on the interstates. OH WELL -they'll do for now. :meh:.

View attachment 2406564

New tags. Cool enough to justify my 5hr round trip to the DMV. (Cruiser is a '98 and my bday is 9/8/98. At least I think they're cool)​

View attachment 2406572
View attachment 2406575

Gave it a good bath today and wiped down the bay. Cleans up nice! It feels like I've posted a pic of it in the same spot 5x now but I swear they're different pics. Saving up for some tires, and new bushings for sway bar/front end. Thankfully my local Yota parts guys hook me up - actually I think they just pity me at this point. :flipoff2:
It's been treating me right so far, just a strange issue starting after sitting overnight. Will sometimes take a few cranks and then hit a weird rough idle still, but after letting it sit for a minute it runs just fine. Put over 4k miles on it so far and hasn't failed me yet. Need some new coolant hoses and spark plugs next.
MDK :beer::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom