Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may take you up on that. Right now I’m happy that it’s working.
Think you have my info, just hit me up if you want me to send out. (hit me up on instagram since I get notifications from that)

I’ve got a few weeks of daily driving on the truck since the green wire fix of the ICS.
It’s been great. I’ve never been happier with it.
No news is good news.

Huge radiator leak. CSF radiator down. Waiting on a champion as a temp fix. Truck has been down almost 15 days but thankfully I was offshore for most of that time.

Deeply disappointed with that company. 3 years and the radiator is leaking from a tacked in bracket.

D4FEF568-89A8-4DE0-9E73-C214A9E8B66B.jpeg

If I’m going to have a radiator that I’m not thrilled about, I can at least paint it black.

6929107B-8C7D-42B3-B085-C45911179D9A.jpeg

EDBC6E3D-EABF-4EAF-8225-443EC8EED9F6.jpeg

ADDD5B03-EF8E-4575-AC26-7BC5D5994564.jpeg

It’s in and fit without an issue. I’m really impressed with the champion radiator so far.

F00CD9BA-1AB8-443D-BDDF-C5223FBFBE73.jpeg

65B52778-3CB3-4FC0-AB22-FF6337271C9E.jpeg

So far, so good. The truck is running pretty cool but the weather is also very not Houston like. I’m going to move onto my next small projects.

-Adjust my back brakes a little looser. It’s locking them with a rear bias.
-Find an 80 series box and get the 105 upgrade. My box is leaking worse since I put the oem pump on last year. No surprise there
-Find a 62 rear sway bar bracket so I can add that assembly onto the truck.
-Rewire my dual horns with a new relay harness.
-Swap my city racer carb back on. I’ve currently got an oem aisan on for a stock truck and it’s a little off. I’d like efi but I can’t swing it right now.
-Get a locking console.

Down the line...
-Send 4.11 chunks to zuk and get a rear locker.
-Add the sliders.
-Keep all the fluids in the truck instead of on the driveway.

Did you ground your radiator?
If you rebuild your gearbox, tap it to add hydro assist. Even if you don’t add hydro assist right away at least it’s done.

Waiting on a braided strap from summit.

Im not familiar with this hydro assist on this platform. Is it just a hydraulically assisted steering damper?

Backed into a pole and cracked the light for my license plate. Upgraded an led from a trailer.

It’s really bright.

9A321007-FFD5-4584-BD4C-B1669D14DF94.jpeg

The weather changed and so did the mood of my carburetor. I put in this stock aisan to troubleshoot and it’s time to put the city racer back on.

If you touch the throttle at all on a hot or cold start it takes about 10 seconds of cranking to fire off. The choke helps a ton, but it’s only 50* out.

The city racer never did this. I’ll throw that back on this evening. I really need EFI on this truck.

Fixed. Leaking accelerator pump causing a fuel smell that I thought was my lack of a charcoal canister and raw fuel being dropped into the engine. One pump of the gas to prime it was probably like a few. Explains it all.

I only put this carb on to trouble shoot my misfire that ended up being the green wire on the old emissions computer.

Swapped my city racer carb back in and the fuel curve is right again. It’s got some of its guts back.

AE044B52-02A2-4E60-81D3-C4B2F250F729.jpeg

It’s happening. I’ve got the robbmc tank on order.

I’m sick of these evening spent tinkering.

Rolled 318,000 miles. Still doing good. Carb is much better now.

Drove it to work hauling like usual today.

3AFF36B8-D9BF-4349-BB45-4FBAA76042B8.jpeg

3BDB9DF6-CABE-43E1-BD0C-E22666053B34.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom