Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to get the IPF harness for the fog lights or something heavy duty and run 100w minimum.

I want to run hella because they will match the headlights but I've always wanted the smiley faced daylighters, since I was little.

Decisions!

I remember talking to him, but as I recall he only has the diagram...you can't buy from him. Maybe that has changed or he is doing them again.

I've got a new rear view mirror, mirror cap, front timing cover gasket and a crank seal coming from @beno .....

Also, new Raybestos Premium rotors from Rockauto...I tried searching for Mountain Rotors for a while, but they seem to be completely out of stock for the 60.

you could just buy the transmission/transfercase bypass hose to temporize for alittle while until full tear down and rebuild

you could just buy the transmission/transfercase bypass hose to temporize for alittle while until full tear down and rebuild

That would work, but my problem is the opposite of most....

My Transmission is leaking into the transfer case, overfilling it.

The bypass hose is when your transfer case leaks into your transmission, overfilling the transmission.

I'm SOL. I've got to keep checking it periodically along with a small drain/refill until I drop the trans, replace the seal...install a new clutch and rebuild the transfer case.

I remember talking to him, but as I recall he only has the diagram...you can't buy from him. Maybe that has changed or he is doing them again.

I've got a new rear view mirror, mirror cap, front timing cover gasket and a crank seal coming from @beno .....

Yeah I am not sure if he is still doing it. I know that for a while there he was so busy with regular work that he was no longer taking orders and that is when he put out the diagram and build thread. I believe he is building them again, shoot him a message and see. If not there is also another light guy that I cannot think of right now that does the wiring harnesses as well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@Output Shaft

What do you think of the "rs" for the idler bearing? My local bearing house couldn't or didn't want to reference the one listed in your post.

Got a care package from @beno

Most notably, new mirror and the discontinued cap for it. All of the plastic was coming apart and turning to dust.

This is certainly not the most exciting upgrade but it sure does help prevent me from adjusting the mirror every 10 seconds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What do you think of the "rs" for the idler bearing? My local bearing house couldn't or didn't want to reference the one listed in your post.

The RS just means rubber seal. It's what I used in mine, though I might have used a Nachi. Couldn't find Koyo.

The RS just means rubber seal. It's what I used in mine, though I might have used a Nachi. Couldn't find Koyo.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

As some of you may have seen, it's been raining a little here in Houston. Needless to say I had things to do, so I took the 60 to get a bath. It went everywhere I asked in the flood without complaining one bit. Maybe with exception to some hard starting after the starter got a little wet....

I attribute that to the fact that the truck is well below stock height at the moment. I proactively replaced the starter, with the intention to keep the Denso unit that I assumed was on the truck still (everything else is original) It turned out that the truck had an Oreilly brand Ultima starter from around 2000 on the truck, so I purchased another one and turned the old Ultima core back in. The starter sounded a little bad even before getting wet, but now it starts up MUCH easier. Well worth it.

I'm 100% certain that the truck has water in the front differential once again, but I'm doing brakes/birfield reseal in the coming weeks after the rain stops. I'll also do differential vents front and rear, as well as run them both up to the radiator core support.

Some proof. I'm ready for a lift now. This would have been unstoppable if it was about 3" higher.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I need a rear view. Mine works fine, but looks like a$$

It was about $100 plus shipping. Well worth it. An 80 series rear view from a wrecking yard would do the same thing but much cheaper.

I never even looked at it before, but I questioned if the galley plug had been done.

Nope. 280k and I'll be doing it for the first and last time this week when the head comes off.

image.jpeg

I finally got around to try and fix the ac issues. It threw a belt on the ac compressor back about 6 months ago. Since its finally starting to get warm here I thought I'd fix it.

I put the factory belt on, and a Koyo bearing in the idler pulley.

It's making a terrible sound that it didn't make before but it is cooling. I won't run the compressor while it's like this.

after consulting my spirit guide via text, I'm going to order the denso condenser, compressor and drier. All easy to get to and a good start while the compressor is out.

Should I run freeze 12 or go 134 while its out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom