Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@HemiAlex i get your point on rebuild costs, the 2F ain’t gonna be cheap, and I have no doubt you’ll do this deal budget style while also doing it right, but I dunno man … what I’m paying for the 2F rebuild is like 50% of what I’m seeing core 12HTs go for. At best. And trust me I’ve looked (we can all dream!) I know timing is everything and you spent some time looking - you’re not in it for “market value” and that’s a huge bonus starting off this undertaking. Kudos on that. Same/similar situation with me and the spare 2F I got (shout out to a guy who’s not on Mud anymore).

I’ll say this - if I could get a brushed up 12HT in my truck for the cost of my 2F rebuild I would absolutely be doing that. This is me taking friendly umbrage with you cost analysis haha.

I’m only making the point that rebuild for a rebuild, they cost about the same.

The cores are different worlds. But, refreshing a 2F would be easy for me and take me all the miles I could ever want to go.

I just didn’t want to rebuild the 2F and in the end, make 2F power. I’ve lived it.

Yeah absolutely. Rough cost on just rebuilding - and doing labor ourselves like we do - it’s about apples to apples. But really man, you got the Avenue for going to a 12HT. Do it and never look back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom