My fj45lv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
Here's some pix if I'm smart enough to post them...and I may not be. Drove it around some today after adding new plugs, oil, filter, antifreeze, and cleaning the carb. Fired right up:)

Last one, of the chevy 283. It's installed with a "cradle" mount the runs from the stock mounts on the frame, across the timing cover area on the sbc. The rear mounts are heated and bent 1/2" plate that go from the chevy bellhouse mounting points, to the stock rear mounts on the frame. Then there's a 3/4" plate adapter from the chevy bellhouse to the toyota three speed, and transfer case. Why didn't they just throw in a gmsm420? Dunno. Normally I would consider a sbc v8 conversion heresy, especially in something like an fj45, but since it's in there, and it runs decent, has good oil pressure, doesn't smoke etc, it'll stay while mechanical and body work progresses...

Looks great, what are your plans for the rig, are you going to do a ground up restoration or trick it all out. Any way, sweet Cruiser :cheers:

Next up is fix the brakes and lights so it'll roll legally, then reassess. I really dunno, long term. I want it to look stock, but I feel some lift, 35's and an sm420 are in it's future. Body and interior stock though...

I like :) congrats :D

the driverside mirror looks REALLY long.

cool dog :)

Dog? Dog? I thought it was a grizzly bear.....

[quote author=Landpimp
cool dog :)

Ya mean like Snoop talk: Kewl Dawg!"
Or like hillbilly talk: "Smart lookin' hound there."

The old farmers around here would say: " She's a bigg-un."

need to change your sig :flipoff2:

So Chef, what you're saying is that whoever did the V8 implant kept the stock motormounts and you could go back stock with relative ease? That was considerate.
Glad you clarified the picture, thought maybe Junk's Momma had dug under the fence. ;)
Ed

I love those 45's,

Landpimps 45 is one of the coolest I have seen. I love the lines but lifted and stuffed with some nice meats makes them look tough! Great looking cruiser, where did you find it?

Drew <><

The interior is cashed, but I've got an nos headliner, and the fatory seats are there with enough of the original covers to get matched. I found in an a San Francisco online car trader. Guy name Paul Decker sold it to me. Aside from the motor, it's all there, and yes, the stock motor mounts are there if I need to use them. I have no idea what I'm gonna do to her long term. I have a really rusty but runs great fj62 that may transfer a lot of parts. I have extra fj40/fj60 axles...right now she runs ok, and I'm looking for wheel cylinder/clutch-brake master rebuild kits so I can get it to at least slow down a little without using the ebrake. The electrics aside from the motor are all non-op...

i like it man. looks great just like it is!

It used to be red from the doorhandles dwon, white from the door handles up, kinda like this one. It'll be years before mine looks like that again...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom