My FJ40 hand throttle + crusie(r) control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fjwagon said:
The wagon I have now is currently in 3 speed configuration and So this brings me to the idea about installing 4 speed tranny AND you may already know the answer to this question: ( I think this has already been done and has been discussed on the pirate forum if I remember correctly or was it on the toyota trails:confused: :confused: ) I would like to retain the old style style 3 speed shifter located on the steering colum and install a 4 speed tranny...... can I convert it so I can still keep the original setup and still be able to shift all 4 gears using the 4 speed tranny.:confused:

I have not seen this, and have no idea how you would do this, other than finding a top cover from a Toyota four-speed tranny that was configured to be controled by linkage opposed to a direct-shift system..if such an animal even exists...

Good luck!

-Steve

Mark, of Mark's Off Road, has been designing a 4 speed column shift. So far, he has keep the details secret, although he has hinted that he has made good progress. ;)

Good maybe he will put kit together so I won't have to reinvent the wheel. :)

As stated above my need for a aux throttle control is only when winching or inflating my tires when coming off road.
also not wishing to mess with the TBI connection, a simple tapered wooden wedge slipped between the throttle stop and the cable adjuster works fine. It hangs on a string hooked over the headlight switch.:confused:

As stated above my need for a aux throttle control is only when winching or inflating my tires when coming off road.
also not wishing to mess with the TBI connection, a simple tapered wooden wedge slipped between the throttle stop and the cable adjuster works fine. It hangs on a string hooked over the headlight switch.:confused:

Heron, You could go with a Vernier Cable which allows you to set the RPM by pulling up on the knob, fine adjust the RPM and the quick release by pressing the knob back down. I have mine attached to my transmission shifter. I use mine for setting a higher RPM when winching or inflating tires.

www.primelinecontrols.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom