My FJ40 hand throttle + crusie(r) control

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by wantatlc, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:

I have not seen this, and have no idea how you would do this, other than finding a top cover from a Toyota four-speed tranny that was configured to be controled by linkage opposed to a direct-shift system..if such an animal even exists...

Good luck!

-Steve

2. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Mark, of Mark's Off Road, has been designing a 4 speed column shift. So far, he has keep the details secret, although he has hinted that he has made good progress. ;)

3. fjwagon

fjwagon

Good maybe he will put kit together so I won't have to reinvent the wheel. :)

4. wantatlc

wantatlc

and for my next trick, I will convert my Hazard knob into triggering a nitrous oxide bottle.

5. Heron

Heron

Media:
    Albums:
    As stated above my need for a aux throttle control is only when winching or inflating my tires when coming off road.
    also not wishing to mess with the TBI connection, a simple tapered wooden wedge slipped between the throttle stop and the cable adjuster works fine. It hangs on a string hooked over the headlight switch.:confused:

John McVicker likes this.
  6. tawright

tawright

Media:
    Heron, You could go with a Vernier Cable which allows you to set the RPM by pulling up on the knob, fine adjust the RPM and the quick release by pressing the knob back down. I have mine attached to my transmission shifter. I use mine for setting a higher RPM when winching or inflating tires.

www.primelinecontrols.com

Heron and 1911 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.