My first Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, this is my first Toyota, I have always wanted one, it's a 92 land cruiser, 205,000 miles on it. I looking forward to learning about the truck and all that jazz.

IMG_20221101_193709.jpg

IMG_20221101_193704.jpg

Grats, looks like a solid start.
Welcome to mud.
How much rust?
Just make sure the lights on the roof are watertight. If it was me, I would remount them a better way.

Grats, looks like a solid start.
Welcome to mud.
How much rust?
Just make sure the lights on the roof are watertight. If it was me, I would remount them a better way.
Not much rust a small bubbles, the frame is solid, I was very surprised being a Michigan truck.
What type of lights would you recommend?

Very nice. Your kid looks pretty happy about it too.

Not much rust a small bubbles, the frame is solid, I was very surprised being a Michigan truck.

I think he meant removing them in general and sealing the holes up. Something like that is going to inevitable move around and create leaks. If you want lights put them on your bumper.

I would worry about water leaks & rust in the roof. All it would take is a low branch hitting the light ripping your roof.

I think he meant removing them in general and sealing the holes up. Something like that is going to inevitable move around and create leaks. If you want lights put them on your bumper.
Thank for the info. Any suggestions what you would do?

Is this one of those '20 years later' photos where the second picture shows that the LC still looks amazing but the owner looks 'different'?

Big congratulations to the two of you on your new purchase. I hope you get to enjoy it for many years!
Stop by when you pass through Flagstaff. I'll have cold (root)beers waiting for you.

Traverse city, I also see one in Ludington, look very nice
Traverse City??? I was born and raised mostly in Kalkaska. I haven’t lived in MI for 36 years. Welcome to your favorite social media group :flipoff2:.

Welcome! Looks super solid for a 30 yr old vehicle. What are your plans for it?

Welcome! Looks super solid for a 30 yr old vehicle. What are your plans for it?
First thing I'm going to do is get the rust taking care of, and clean up the frame and get it ready for the Michigan winter. Eventually I'll get it restored and have fun with it.

First thing I'm going to do is get the rust taking care of, and clean up the frame and get it ready for the Michigan winter. Eventually I'll get it restored and have fun with it.
I’m just about to media blast the rear of my frame and underbody today. The last 5-6 yrs of it mostly sitting has really taken a toll on it. Good luck!

Congrats and welcome!

I was also looking at this one for my son.
That was is confusing...older dash, engine and wheels yet late model 80 front grille and lights. Normally people want the older model grille as it is nicer. Is that a body swap or wrecked cruiser they pieced back together?

Welcome to the insanity. The subject cruiser you're looking at for your "son" doesn't seem straight up. I always question photos of photos with the border on, like they were screen shot from online photos...plus what @clx16 said. Some inconsistencies of the actual vehicle.

If it's legit, go look in person before any money is exchanged. If it seems too good to be true, it is more than likely a scam (which is prolific on CL and FB marketplace...

Edit: Just looked at the FB ad. Looks like a 1991 with the correct dash, motor (3FE) and wheels, but updated front grill/lights. Interior looks correct for the year as well. For $7,000 it looks a good deal, but the lister has the year wrong as a 1980? Go look, but be suspicious if the seller makes excuses for availability of deposits, etc...

ReEdit: Definitely a scam. Here's the link to the original listing from 4 years ago. Log into Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/246241129459307/ It's from WA state, not Michigan. Both listings are under his FB profile...so maybe he moved from WA and has not sold it? <--doubtful? Last activity on his FB account was from 2017, more than likely someone has taken over his account and is look for the easy money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom