My First Post and my first cruiser - I want it to last forever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overlandexperts.com
I got this '95 FZJ 80 in August: Dark Emerald Pearl, no Running Boards, factory lockers, 154K with some squeaks and rattles, neglected leather and a slightly drippy sunroof. A local shop did 150K service (30K interval?) - all fluids changed, plugs etc. Apparently the diffs had not been changed for some time and it appears to have some leakage at front and rear engine seals. I put BFG AT KOs (stock size) on it.

I have been wheelin' a bit and this freaking thing is awesome! I have owned a '76 GMC Jimmy, and a '87 Chevy S-10 Blazer w/ factory 4.11s, skid plates and limited-slip diffs, and the cruiser completely outdid either of those two on the same trails. I am 100% in love and I want to bring this truck up to premium mechanical condition. I have ALOT of questions.

My first thought is to get the leaks fixed and go to 100% synthetic lubes. Any advice?

Pitures Please!!!!!!! Welcome....

FAQ top of page.

www.sleeoffroad.com

also there is a search function here that works

dat outta keep you busy for a bit

:flipoff2: (you'll understand sooner or later)

Welcome!

Welcome,

Lots of great people here willing to help. Search first, there is about a weeks worth of reading on just about any subject.

Pics?

Welcome :flipoff2: Let the mod's begin! :D

Ted44 said:
My First Post and my first cruiser - I want it to last forever

Unlikely, as Woody keeps screwing around and updating the forum software from time to time and we end up losing everything... so your first post is kinda like your virginity; it won't last forever.

Ted44 said:
... Dark Emerald Pearl

I'm so very, very sorry for you. I feel your pain.

-B-

Congratulation!!! :D Welcome :flipoff2:

Beowulf said:
I'm so very, very sorry for you. I feel your pain.

-B-

:flipoff2:

At least it is all the same color...... :rolleyes: Yers looks like they couldn't decide which color they liked and changed their minds half-way through the job...... :D

cruiserdan said:
Yers looks like they couldn't decide which color they liked and changed their minds half-way through the job.

Just wait. I'm gonna camo it and then ask everybody what they think. Can't wait for Junk's response. :D

-B-

Beowulf said:
Just wait. I'm gonna camo it and then ask everybody what they think. Can't wait for Junk's response. :D

-B-
You won't have to wait. Just don't forget sand rails, 1,000 lights and a rainbow on the back.

:darnoldman: :D

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:
Search, read.
Search, read.
Search, read.
Search, search, search...
Read, read, read...

Learn to work on your rig if you don't already know how...
If my 1 :banana: self can do it...anyone can.
If you're going to work on stuff...get the Factory Service Manual. See CDan for FSM.
Obtain the DIY Birfield DVD.

Have fun...enjoy yerself.

Sweet!! Another fellow N00b !!

They're right, I probably have 25+ hours of reading and 40 bookmarked threads! Tons of info here and great people.

Pics on this site are like a girl that puts out on the first date....everyone wants them and few are satisfied once then get them.
But do post.

Welcome Ted. It's always nice to hear someone who instantly acknowledges how great these rigs are off road. :cheers:

oh and :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom