My First Post and my first cruiser - I want it to last forever

Ted44

SILVER Star

I got this '95 FZJ 80 in August: Dark Emerald Pearl, no Running Boards, factory lockers, 154K with some squeaks and rattles, neglected leather and a slightly drippy sunroof. A local shop did 150K service (30K interval?) - all fluids changed, plugs etc. Apparently the diffs had not been changed for some time and it appears to have some leakage at front and rear engine seals. I put BFG AT KOs (stock size) on it.

I have been wheelin' a bit and this freaking thing is awesome! I have owned a '76 GMC Jimmy, and a '87 Chevy S-10 Blazer w/ factory 4.11s, skid plates and limited-slip diffs, and the cruiser completely outdid either of those two on the same trails. I am 100% in love and I want to bring this truck up to premium mechanical condition. I have ALOT of questions.

My first thought is to get the leaks fixed and go to 100% synthetic lubes. Any advice?

flintknapper

SILVER Star

Welcome,

Lots of great people here willing to help. Search first, there is about a weeks worth of reading on just about any subject.

Pics?

Beowulf

Ted44 said:
My First Post and my first cruiser - I want it to last forever
Unlikely, as Woody keeps screwing around and updating the forum software from time to time and we end up losing everything... so your first post is kinda like your virginity; it won't last forever.

Ted44 said:
... Dark Emerald Pearl
I'm so very, very sorry for you. I feel your pain.

-B-

Junk

Beowulf said:
Just wait. I'm gonna camo it and then ask everybody what they think. Can't wait for Junk's response. :D

-B-
You won't have to wait. Just don't forget sand rails, 1,000 lights and a rainbow on the back.

:darnoldman: :D

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:
Search, read.
Search, read.
Search, read.
Search, search, search...
Read, read, read...

Learn to work on your rig if you don't already know how...
If my 1 :banana: self can do it...anyone can.
If you're going to work on stuff...get the Factory Service Manual. See CDan for FSM.
Obtain the DIY Birfield DVD.

Have fun...enjoy yerself.

Sweet!! Another fellow N00b !!

They're right, I probably have 25+ hours of reading and 40 bookmarked threads! Tons of info here and great people.

PKP80

Pics on this site are like a girl that puts out on the first date....everyone wants them and few are satisfied once then get them.
But do post.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Hey Ted,

My sis has your twin rig....... I hope to get my hands on it one day.

I see you are in Charlottesville, VA........ Check out the MellowMushroom..... Tell John adamson that Gainesville FL says hello.

PICS????

Top Bottom