Builds My first LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt,

I have a few pieces you could use for your dash. I will send you a text.

There’s no cure next thing you know your hunting down vintage tools.
Hahaha no I’m so bad with misplacing tools I would end up losing them before they ever made it to the truck.

Matt I thunk you have missed the point sir! The correct tools are not for use, as one might misplace a tool, but are to be displayed with your rig at the inevitable car shows in your future!!

Trying to get this off last night and got it to loosen after I messed with the adjusters but still no luck. Going to pick up some longer bolts today and hopefully get the drum to push off so I can take the brake pads off and be able to roll the truck.

2E4CC0D9-6556-4543-B775-97141D636231.jpeg

1F9AAF6B-F2D4-4FF1-B8AC-596208CD4F7F.jpeg

Try cleaning the hub with a wire wheel or wire brush to clear the paint off, that should help the drum slide off a little easier.

Last edited:
Ain’t that fun?! I spent an hour on one wheel back last year, beating it nearly continuously with a dead blow hammer. Finally succumbed, it not me. Cleaning up stuff with wire wheel is a good idea.

Went over there for a couple of hours tonight and after I pushed the bolts for the lug nuts in I got some more play in the drum. I just kept rotating it each direction as far as it would go and spraying wd-40 behind it once a space opened up a little. It finally gave and I got it off and the pads fell right on the ground. Just glad It finally came off and the truck will roll again tomorrow hopefully in the morning

432A8ACF-F471-4088-8004-5AD52ACBC0D6.jpeg

1E1CBBB4-C691-464F-A903-7BAE6A2AD941.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures. I was wondering did all LV’s come with the under Dash bracket for the 3 heat switches. Mine has a dealer add on heater and was wondering if they came with a factory heater or if mine should have the 3 heat switches if it didn’t have a factory heater.

Matt,

My LV had that panel and there was even a rear heater that sat under the front bench seat. I attached a "day 1" pic for reference. FYI - my 45 pickup also has the panel and a heater box. Both trucks trace back to Idaho and Montana.

035.JPG

Factory heaters showed up in all models around 65, and had the switches and bracket. Matt, yours is early hence the aftermarket heater and no under dash switches.

Factory heaters showed up in all models around 65, and had the switches and bracket. Matt, yours is early hence the aftermarket heater and no under dash switches.
Thanks Brian I was going to ask you about that bc I remember you saying my LV is the same year as your old one. I think mine is a 64 titled as a 65

I spent some time this week after work and put the tailgate handle & linkage on. I dropped the tailgate and closed the upper hatch for the first time since I have owned it. Got the hood spear & little vent grill on the cowl and flipped the bezel on it. Killed my fourth black widow on Friday.

7F0F19B7-3D71-49E2-BB45-B98745A4263B.jpeg

AFDC9F56-2526-4DB4-9B83-2AC4E875E1CF.jpeg

17C2DF0F-4724-4EE4-BB7E-BD2DA0FFFD82.jpeg

879B98F7-EE78-4847-BD3B-47AFFCDD67E9.jpeg

A820E7A7-D10F-4BC1-B0C7-7DD23712F2D0.jpeg

Nice. It looks like all your body panels are complete? I love the stuff that seems to get stuck on old trucks? The roof racks look like they are off my Dad's Oldsmobile station wagon that had the clam shell tailgate. Classic!
Yea I’m really happy with it. My buddy came by this week and goes that’s not a factory roof rack is it? I go no it’s off a old station wagon. He just started laughing and goes your not taking it off are you. I go no it came to me that way and it’s going to stay that way. I actually kind of like it on it and I will be the only nut job with one on their LV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom