My first Land Cruiser - TURTLE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TURTLE - he/A10 Warthog

My first Land Cruiser. My son and I drove 5 hours to pick up yesterday. Woke up early today and did some cleaning and had to find something in the yard to drive over….

Will add a roof rack and some other items to do come camping. Will be heading to Ouray in August on a Father/Son excursion.
DCDFF521-27E8-4362-B0D9-C945D5075FBC.jpeg
58ACA012-AA08-4702-A22C-E3E7AD4A5FC1.jpeg
E0B4EEA2-278F-4503-9288-2E77BA39F684.jpeg
449C8B0E-2A4B-4C54-BA4B-D7FCFFABA559.jpeg
1E4AAB22-B695-413D-A117-EB3890BB25DB.jpeg

'94, the best year of the Land Cruiser! Congratulations!
My only recommendation, don't mess with the two screws on the VAFM.

TURTLE - he/A10 Warthog

My first Land Cruiser. My son and I drove 5 hours to pick up yesterday. Woke up early today and did some cleaning and had to find something in the yard to drive over….

Will add a roof rack and some other items to do come camping. Will be heading to Ouray in August on a Father/Son excursion.View attachment 3014757View attachment 3014759View attachment 3014760View attachment 3014761View attachment 3014762
Very nice. Looks like a very clean truck. Congrats! Sliders (White Knuckle Off Road) are a nice next armor if spending time in Colorado. If in the San Juan’s during the first week of Aug, stop by the Solid Axle Summit…we’ll be there! (based at the KOA just north of Ouray)

For safety’s sake, a good baselining before going into the mountains is more important than any dressing though…

Last edited:
Tha ka
Very nice. Looks like a very clean truck. Congrats! Sliders (White Knuckle Off Road) are a nice next armor if spending time in Colorado. If in the San Juan’s during the first week of Aug, stop by the Solid Axle Summit…we’ll be there! (based at the KOA just north of Ouray)

For safety’s sake, a good baselining before going into the mountains is more important than any dressing thoug

For safety’s sake, a good baselining before going into the mountains is more important than any dressing though…
Thanks for the info

I keep getting cutoff in replies on phone….
I appreciate the pointers, this really seems like a good forum - and very cool owners! Will be going through all hoses, lines, belts along with. a “nut and bolt” prior to going to CO for sure. Also looking for a place to go ride in Houston to ferret out any issues closer to home.

Thanks again and I’ll look forward to meeting some of y’all at SAS in August!

~ Mike

Also a great post-your-pooch thread here too. :)

Congrats on the new toy! That's quite the pile of spares too.
Looks like you bought a fine new hobby.
The colour of the heater valve (tan) is a dead give away that it needs to be changed before too much longer.
Might as well go through the standard base lineing, if it's rubber, or liquid, change it.

Tha ka

I appreciate the pointers, this really seems like a good forum - and very cool owners! Will be going through all hoses, lines, belts along with. a “nut and bolt” prior to going to CO for sure. Also looking for a place to go ride in Houston to ferret out any issues closer to home.

Thanks again and I’ll look forward to meeting some of y’all at SAS in August!

~ Mike
It’s a GREAT forum!
Try @RuggedBound and @samc2447 around Houston for advice…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom