My first FJ40 “Carolin 2.” (build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New master cylinder rear brakes with new shoes and cylinders. New tie rods and HFS steering damper are ready to go on. hopefully, it's going to drive much better.

05622718-49A8-466A-A344-08DD0633C688.jpeg

795A3528-6306-4662-BFE5-6E216323D772.jpeg

C28AFCA9-70F3-4A13-8C23-CFE244F54F08.jpeg

Need help, please

Everything was working fine today on the FJ, I went for a drive and lost all lights, changed the 15 Amp fuse for lights, and now I have parking lights (front and back) and headlights but no horn, reverse, or brake light.

I am also having problems getting the air out of the brake system. The paddle feels very soft any ideas?

I had an issue with my brakes last year. Same type issue, could not get the air bled out. I put new master and slave in, bench bled the master, still air. Check and rechecked and could figure out where the problem was. So i looked the soft line up and down, no leaking fluid no visible problem. I ordered new soft line. Problem solved.

I had an issue with my brakes last year. Same type issue, could not get the air bled out. I put new master and slave in, bench bled the master, still air. Check and rechecked and could figure out where the problem was. So i looked the soft line up and down, no leaking fluid no visible problem. I ordered new soft line. Problem solved.
I changed all the soft lines to steel braided as well since I knew I was going to bleed the brakes anyway. I just read that I may have to adjust the drums all the way and not back them at all and do the bleeding. I'll do that tomorrow if wife agrees to help again 😁 and see if that helps.

Tighten the rears adjusters a few clicks on each cylinder and see if you an immediate difference in pedal feel. Then re-bleed

I haven’t been here for a while was busy getting the car ready for summer. The FJ is now a daily driver, it just hit 70K. All safety stuff have been changed. Looking to put a lift on it soon. Right now looking between Redline 2.5” or OME. Here are some pictures. Also taking the top off as well for the summer.

IMG_4857.jpeg

IMG_4860.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom