My First Date (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the photo taken on my first date with my newest hobby an all original 1970 FJ40. I am new you your site and to the Toyota world, looking forward to getting started. My 13 son and my first co-op rebuild. Any information of the original engine spec's would be welcome.

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

Welcome to the madness. I didn't think it would take long for a bezel comment to chime in haha. Since you're new, you probably don't know, but it's upside down. The wide side should be at the top, this is because some years had a "LAND CRUISER" badge there. Not sure about your model.

I recommend spending some seat team in front of the screen and soak all the info in. You've come to the right place. Read on, and search away.

Cheers

Welcome to the madness. Let's see a close up of that hood ornament.

You are correct, as well *brian, we noticed the paint job. Tough crowd here on the IH8MUD form, just a nubbie excited about a new project. We will post photos as we move forward. We still would like any specifications, or info or any place to find this info on the F series engine, we are planning on rebuilding the parts that are original.

You are correct, as well *brian, we noticed the paint job. Tough crowd here on the IH8MUD form, just a nubbie excited about a new project. We will post photos as we move forward. We still would like any specifications, or info or any place to find this info on the F series engine, we are planning on rebuilding the parts that are original.

Great looking truck. Some of the guys around here are a little rough around the edges but they mean well. Most FNGs make the mistake of getting offended and leave a valuable resource. Welcome, I look forward to seeing what you do to it.

Thank you for the welcome Jdc1, we wont be leaving. We have already getting great tips on side bar conversations. Lots to learn.

Very nice looking rig @Kirkwood123! I know exactly where you bought this from here in Reno. Welcome to this site it is a wealth of information. Been on here for years with different FJ40s and FJ60 come and gone. This one looked real nice. Almost stopped whenever I took my daughter to ballet just to look at it, but I wasn't planning to buy so I never did. I have a 76 FJ40 myself right now. Lastly there is a club section of guys here for the Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada...

They make pretty regular runs and activities if that is your thing. Check it out and maybe you can make it to a meeting sometime.

Airon23 it is good to know there is a support group for my problem right here in town. I am a Bonneville guy, so my wife is considering this a new disease.

IOW, you already have MVS.

Multiple Vehicle Syndrome!

Nice FJ40 and good luck with the rebuild. Interesting hood ornament too, I think it's from an old Buick. 👍

Welcome, great crowd here and tons of info when you search. Before you buy stuff or start to tear into something search on here first. It has all been done before.

You should be able to get an engine repair manual that has all the specs. I did a quick google search and found this link. That was the first one I saw, so I cant say if there is a better price or free download somewhere else.

Congratulations, that’s a nice Land Cruiser! The 145 printed on the engine implies the rated horsepower. Hope that helps. Looks like you have a new carburetor and battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom